Eligibility for Studies
The spring 2018 joint application period is from March 14th 2018 – April 28th 2018 (15.00 / 3 pm UTC +3). For more information and applying go to opintopolku.fi.
Eligibility for Bachelor's level studies
Eligibility for Bachelor's level studies depends on completing one of the following qualifications:
- Finnish Matriculation examination and upper secondary level education
- International Baccalaureate -examination (IB)
- European Baccalaureate -examination (EB)
- Reifeprüfung -examination (RP)
- Vocational upper secondary qualification of at least three years duration or an earlier corresponding qualification
- Competence based vocational upper secondary qualification, further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification or an earlier corresponding qualification
- Foreign qualification that gives eligibility to enrol in a higher education institution of corresponding level in the country of origin
University of Oulu does not offer English-taught programmes in Bachelor’s level. The University only accepts students who have previous language skills in Finnish language and applicants have to both apply in Finnish and be able to pass the entrance examination in Finnish.
Eligibility to Master's Level Studies
Eligibility to Master's level studies depends on completing one of the following qualifications:
- Applicable Bachelor's degree
- Applicable foreign qualification that gives eligibility to enrol in a higher education institution of corresponding level in the country of origin
Read more information on Master’s programmes.