I worked as a PhD student in Icory project consortium (Intelligent Solution for Surgery Care) between 2018-2020. (https://icorysolution.com/)
I am interested in what kind of web-based mobile health interventions have been developed for children in general and what is the effectiveness of web-based mobile health interventions in pediatric day surgery care. Secondly, I am interested in health specialists´ and families´ views on the needs for developing a digital gaming solution for pediatric day surgery. Also I am interested in whether a gaming digital solution, developed for children, reduces children´s anxiety, fear and pain in their day surgical pathway in our intervention. Children in our randomized controlled trial are between 7 to 12 years old.
- PhD student between 2018-2020, Research Unit of Medical Imaging Physics and Technology Faculty of Medicine
- Research group member, WELL-BEING FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES IN NURSING (IndFamilyNurs) - RESEARCH GROUP
- Rantala, Arja; Pikkarainen, Minna; Miettunen, Jouko; He, Hong-Gu; Pölkki, Tarja (2020) The effectiveness of web-based mobile health interventions in pediatric outpatient surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. - Journal of advanced nursing accepted, accepted . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Rantala, Arja; Pikkarainen, Minna; Pölkki, Tarja (2020) Health specialists’ views on the needs for developing a digital gaming solution for paediatric day surgery: A qualitative study. - Journal of clinical nursing Online first, Online first . [Original]
- Rantala, Arja; Jansson, Miia M; Helve, Otto; Lahdenne, Pekka; Pikkarainen, Minna; Pölkki, Tarja (2020) Parental Experiences of the Pediatric Day Surgery Pathway and the Needs for A Digital Gaming Solution: A Qualitative Study (. - JMIR medical informatics forthcoming, forthcoming . [Original]