I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Geography Research Unit at the University of Oulu. My research interests include state strategies and state space, concept of politics and depoliticisation, spatial dialectics, uneven development, and policy ideas such as bioeconomy and city-regionalism. My academic background is in the International Relations and I have published on a range of topics from politics of literature and state spatial transformation in Finland to depoliticisation and city-regionalism. My current research efforts focus especially on geopolitics of economic imaginaries and new possibilities for radical geography.
- State strategies and state space
- Concept of politics and the politics of depoliticisation
- Spatial dialectics and uneven development
Professional and community activities
- Editor of the Nordia Geographical Publications 2018-2019
- Member of the Geographical Society of Northern Finland directorate 2018-2019