Junior Researcher at the Learning and Educational Technology research unit of the University of Oulu. Studying the cognitive and socio-emotional processes in collaborative learning interaction. Methodological expertise on the process-oriented, qualitative analysis of video-recorded social interaction. Also experienced in the analysis of self-report data. Finnish language teacher and a former Fulbright foreign language teaching assistant at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET)
- Isohätälä, Jaana; Näykki, Piia; Järvelä, Sanna; Baker, Michael J. (2018) Striking a balance: Socio-emotional processes during argumentation in collaborative learning interaction. - Learning, Culture and Social Interaction 16, 1-19 . Original:
- Isohätälä, Jaana; Järvenoja, Hanna; Järvelä, Sanna (2017) Socially shared regulation of learning and participation in social interaction in collaborative learning. - International Journal of Educational Research 81, 11-24 . [Original]
- Näykki, Piia; Isohätälä, Jaana; Järvelä, Sanna; Pöysä-Tarhonen, Johanna; Häkkinen, Päivi (2017) Facilitating socio-cognitive and socio-emotional monitoring in collaborative learning with a regulation macro script – an exploratory study. - International journal of computer-supported collaborative learning 12 (3), 251-279 . Original: [Original]
- Järvelä, Sanna; Järvenoja, Hanna; Malmberg, Jonna; Isohätälä, Jaana; Sobocinski, Marta (2016) How do types of interaction and phases of self-regulated learning set a stage for collaborative engagement?. - Learning and Instruction 43 (SI), 39-51 . [Original]
- Isohätälä, Jaana; Louis, Jean-Nicolas; Mikkonen, Kristina; Pyhältö, Kirsi (2017) Towards a doctoral degree and future career : perceptions of doctoral students at the University of Oulu. - Acta Universitatis Ouluensis. Series F, Scripta academica 12. Oulu. [Original]