I am a Ph.D. researcher at the Faculty of Humanites in the Langagues and Literature unit. My conduct research in Anglo-American literature, culture, and history, with a special focus on immigration.
I also work as an English language teacher the Oulu University Extension School (Languages and Communication).
- Anglo-American literature, culture, and history
- Jewish-American immigrant literature and history
- American Women Literature
- Anzia Yezierska
- Cultural Imagology
- Korkalainen Katrin (2010) "The Waiting Man Thinks the Time Long": Subjective Time and the Depiction of Emotions, Attitudes and Character in James Joyce's Dubliners. James Joyce and After: Writer and Time. Bazarnik, Katarzyna; Kucała, Bożena (eds.). Newcastle upon Tyne, Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 75-88
- Korkalainen Katrin (2010) Educating the Stranger: Responses to the Thought of John Dewey and His Contemporaries in Anzia Yezierska's Immigrant Writings. (Abstrakti (Ei KOTAan)). - NAES-FINSSE 2010: English in the North. Conference Abstracts. Anthony Johnson, Lisa Lena Opas-Hänninen, Jaakko Saarela. Oulu, University of Oulu. 52
- Korkalainen, Katrin (2015) Worried over trifles? Female perspectives on justice in the fiction of three new woman writers. (Abstrakti (Ei KOTAan)). - American Values: Public Virtues, Private Vices? The 24th Biennial NAAS Conference on North American Studies. Conference Program & Abstracts. Ei sarjaa/No series. Oulu. 19-20