Mahroo is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Sustainable Cementitious Team from the Fiber and Particle Engineering Research Unit at the University of Oulu (Finland) from 2017
She has a Ph.D. MSc in Nano-Bio Science and MSc in Materials Engineering from University College Dublin (Ireland) and University Science Malaysia (Malaysia).
Research & Development in the field of geopolymer and oxidation of micron-sized particles.
- Geopolymers and Alkali-activated binders
- Utilization of inorganic industrial waste and residues in geopolymer concrete
- Alkali Activation of mine tailing for more sustainable raw materials
- Synthesis and characterization of Cu2O nanoparticles and Cu2O/TiO2 nano-heterostructures
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Fibre and Particle Engineering Research Unit