My research focuses mainly on volume and temporal patterns of physical activity and sedentary behaviour and their associations with health. I'm particularly interested how physical activity and sedentary time are associated with cardiovascular diseases and perceived health.
- Measurement of physical activity and sedentary behaviour
- Physical activity profiles
- Health effects of exercise
- Niemelä, Maisa; Kangas, Maarit; Farrahi, Vahid; Kiviniemi, Antti; Leinonen, Anna-Maiju; Ahola, Riikka; Puukka, Katri; Auvinen, Juha; Korpelainen, Raija; Jämsä, Timo (2019) Intensity and temporal patterns of physical activity and cardiovascular disease risk in midlife. - Preventive medicine 124, 33-41 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Niemelä, Maisa S.; Kangas, Maarit; Ahola, Riikka J.; Auvinen, Juha P.; Leinonen, Anna-Maiju; Tammelin, Tuija H.; Vaaramo, Eeva S.; Keinänen-Kiukaanniemi, Sirkka M.; Korpelainen, Raija I.; Jämsä, Timo J. (2019) Dose-response relation of self-reported and accelerometer-measured physical activity to perceived health in middle agethe Northern Finland Birth Cohort 1966 Study. - Bmc public health 19, 21 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Farrahi, Vahid; Niemelä, Maisa; Kangas, Maarit; Korpelainen, Raija; Jämsä, Timo (2019) Calibration and validation of accelerometer-based activity monitors: A systematic review of machine-learning approaches. - Gait and posture 68, 285-299 . [Original] [Self-archived]