Mohammed received the M.Sc. degree from Cairo University in 2013, and the B.Sc. degree from the Institute of Aviation Engineering and Technology, Egypt, in 2010. Currently, he is working toward the doctoral degree at the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) at the University of Oulu. Previously, he held research assistant positions in Cairo University and the American University in Cairo. His research interests include wireless resource optimization, fog networking, and virtual reality networks.
- Resource optimization
- Virtual Reality
- Fog networking
- UL/DL configuration
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Mehdi Bennis, Walid Saad, Mérouane Debbah, and Matti Latva-aho, "Resource Optimization and Power Allocation in In-Band Full Duplex-Enabled Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access Networks," in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2860-2873, Dec. 2017.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Cristina Perfecto, Mehdi Bennis, and Klaus Doppler, "Towards Low-Latency and Ultra-Reliable Virtual Reality," to appear in IEEE Network Magazine, 2018.
- Mohammed S. ElBamby, Mehdi Bennis, Walid Saad, Matti Latva-aho, and Choong Seon Hong, "Proactive Edge Computing in Fog Networks with Latency and Reliability Guarantees," to appear in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2018.
- Best Student Paper Award, European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCnC) 2017
Professional and community activities
- IEEE student member
- IEEE Communications Society member
- European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) member