DSc Outi Keränen works as a postdoctoral researcher at Oulu Business School. Her research interests relate to interorganizational relationships and networks, specifically between public and private organizations. She wants to understand the interactions and network dynamics in interorganizational relationships and the development of public–private partnerships by means of innovative public procurement practices.
While doing her research, Outi has participated in interdiciplinary projects regarding to pioneering in public procurement and in service business. In her latest project (NEWPACK - Development of new Competitive and Sustainable Bio-Based Plastics), Outi is doing a research on food packaging plastic industry and how innovations restructure and transform industry nets.
Besides research, Outi has a teaching experience in higher education. Her teaching has related to marketing principles, service marketing and management and public procurement.
- Public procurement
- Public-private relationships
- Innovative public procurement
- Interorganizational relationships and networks
- Keränen, Outi (2017) Roles for developing public-private partnerships in centralized public procurement. - Industrial marketing management 62, 199-210 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Keränen, Outi (2017) Dynamics of the transition process towards partnership thinking in centralized public procurement. - Industrial marketing management 65, 86-99 . [Original] [Self-archived]