- Deep eutectic solvents (DESs)
M.Sc. (Eng.) Panpan Li works as a doctoral student in the lignocellulose team of the Fiber and Particle Research Unit. He is pursuing his PhD in the field of Nanocellulose Production and Functionalization, using Deep Eutectic Solvents. His research is supervised by Dr. Henrikki Liimatainen and Dr. Juho Sirviö.
- Doctoral students, Fibre and particle engineering
- Li, Panpan; Sirvio, Juho Antti; Haapala, Antti; Liimatainen, Henrikki (2017) Cellulose Nanofibrils from Nonderivatizing Urea-Based Deep Eutectic Solvent Pretreatments. - ACS applied materials & interfaces 9 (3), 2846-2855 . [Original]
- Li, Panpan; Sirvio, Juho Antti; Asante, Bright; Liimatainen, Henrikki (2018) Recyclable deep eutectic solvent for the production of cationic nanocelluloses. - Carbohydrate polymers 199, 219-227 . [Original]
- Liimatainen, Henrikki; Laitinen, Ossi; Panpan, Li; Ojala, Jonna; Selkälä, Tuula; Sirviö, Juho Antti; Suopajärvi, Terhi (2016) Deep eutectic solvents in nanocellulose production and functionalization. (Artikkeli ammatillisessa konferenssijulkaisussa). - The 7th Workshop on Cellulose : Regenerated Cellulose and Cellulose Derivatives, 15-16 November 2016, Örnsköldsvik, Sweden. Ei sarjaa/No series. Karlstad. 1-4
Deep eutectic solvents in nanocellulose production
Deep eutectic solvents (DESs) are a promising and versatile class of chemicals that can function as solvents, reagents, and catalysts in many applications. In this work we report potential DESs for the production of cellulose nanofibrils (CNFs) and nanocrystals (CNCs) and DES use in nanocellulose functionalization.