PhD, Post doc researcher
My research topic is patient counselling in Primary healthcare and University hospital with chronically ill patient, child and adolescents, and surgery patients. In addition, my research is focused to study counselling documentation.
I am interesting in statistical methods and systematic review as a research method.
- Patient counselling
- Counselling in primary care and university hospital
- Digital counselling
- Effectiveness of counselling
- Counselling documentation
- Rajala, Mira; Kaakinen, Pirjo; Fordell, Merja; Kääriäinen, Maria (2018) The quality of patient education in day surgery as evaluated by adult patients. - Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing 33 (2), 177-187 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kaakinen, Pirjo; Ervasti, Helka; Kääriäinen, Maria (2017) Quality of counselling for knee and shoulder arthroscopy patients during day surgery. - International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing 24, 12-20 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kyngäs, H.; Kanste, O.; Patala-Pudas, L.; Kaakinen, P. (2017) COPD -patients adherence to care and quality of counselling. - Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 7 (3), 32-39 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kaakinen, Pirjo; Kyngäs, Helvi; Tarkiainen, Kaisa; Kääriäinen, Maria (2016) The effects of intervention on quality of telephone triage at an emergency unit in Finland : nurses' perspective. - International Emergency Nursing 26, 26 -31 . [Original]
Supervisor and referee 62 Master- and 50 Bachelor thesis. 2nd supervisor of 8 PhD –thesis and 13 student’s follow-up group.
Osaka (2014) and Aichi Medical University (2012), Japan
University College of Health Sciences, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia. (2017, 2018)
College of Nursing in Celje, Slovena (2014-2016)