Tao Hu is a postdoctoral researcher in research unit of sustainable chemistry. She is working in several projects and responsible to do the characterization of solid electric and catalytic materials. She teach the battery related course and help Professor to supervise students. Main research interesting are Lithium-ion batteries, nanomaterials, biomass materials, catalysts, inorganic-polymer composites and functional ceramic materials for high frequency electronics.
Tao Hu studied at Microelectronics and materials physics laboratories, University of Oulu since 2001 and got PhD degree in 2004. She had been continue working there as a postdoctoral researcher and project manager. She had a short time working in Selmic as a technical specialist, then back to University and working in research unit of Sustainable Chemistry. She has broad knowledge of Chemistry (BSc), Electric materials and devices (MSc), Microelectronics (PhD). She is familiar with materials synthesis, surface chemistry and characterization techniques. Good at team work, talent at problem-solving, and have knowledge of material science and nanotechnology.
- Li-ion battery
- Sustainable production and technology
- Postdoctoral researcher, Sustainable Chemistry
- Tolonen, Emma-Tuulia; Sarpola, Arja; Hu,Tao; Rämö, Jaakko; Lassi, Ulla (2014) Acid mine drainage treatment using by-products from quicklime manufacturing as neutralization chemicals. - Chemosphere 117, 419-424
- Varila, Toni; Bergna, Davide; Lahti, Riikka; Romar, Henrik; Hu, Tao; Lassi, Ulla (2017) Activated carbon production from peat using ZnCl2 : characterization and applications. - BioResources 12 (4), 8078-8092 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Luukkonen, Tero; Tolonen, Emma-Tuulia; Runtti, Hanna; Pellinen, Jaakko; Hu, Tao; Rämö, Jaakko; Lassi, Ulla (2014) Removal of total organic carbon (TOC) residues from power plant make-up water by activated carbon. - Journal of water process engineering 3, 46-52
- Mäkelä, Eveliina; Lahti, Riikka; Jaatinen, Salla; Romar, Henrik; Hu, Tao; Puurunen, Riikka L.; Lassi, Ulla; Karinen, Reetta (2018) Study of Ni, Pt, and Ru Catalysts on Wood-based Activated Carbon Supports and their Activity in Furfural Conversion to 2-Methylfuran. - ChemCatChem 10 (15), 3269-3283 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Lassi, Ulla; Hu, Tao; Pohjalainen, Elina; Kallio, Tanja; Kordas, Krisztian; Jantunen, Heli (2014) Effect of a Surfactant Assisted Synthesis on the Electrochemical Performance of a LiFePO4-CNT Composite Electrode. - International Journal of Material Science 4 (1), 1-7 . [Original]
- Romar, H; Lillebo, A.H; Tynjälä, P; Hu, T; Holmen, A; Blekkan, E.A; Lassi, U (2016) H2-TPR, XPS and TEM Study of the Reduction of Ru and Re promoted Co/ϒ-Al2O3, Co/TiO2 and Co/SiC Catalysts. - Journal of Materials Science Research 5 (2), 33-43 . [Original]
- Hu, Tao; Juuti, Jari; Jantunen, Heli & Vilkman, T. (2007) Dielectric properties of BST/polymer composite. - Journal of the European Ceramic Society 27, 3997-4001
- Heponiemi, Anne; Azalim, Said; Hu, Tao; Lassi, Ulla (2015) Cerium Oxide Based Catalysts for Wet Air Oxidation of Bisphenol A. - Topics in Catalysis 58 (14-17), 1043-1052 . [Original]
- Di Lecce, D.; Hu, T.; Hassoun, J. (2017) Electrochemical features of LiMnPO4 olivine prepared by sol-gel pathway. - Journal of Alloys and Compounds 693, 730-737 . [Original]
- Hernoux-Villiere, A; Lassi, U; Hu, T; Paquet, A; Rinaldi, L; Cravotto, G; Molina-Boisseau, S; Marais, MF; Leveque, JM (2013) Simultaneous microwave/ultrasound-assisted hydrolysis of starch-based industrial waste into reducing sugars. - ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 1 (8), 995-1002
Visiting researcher– 1.1.2014
2014.1.1 - 2014.2.28 Short-term international research visit at Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. "Research of LiMnPO4 material for Li-ion battery" funded by University of Oulu.
Visiting researcher– 1.7.2008
2008.7.1 - 2008.12.30 Research visit at Kyonggi University, Republic of Korea. "Multilayer LTCC system for mm-wave band SOP" funded by Academy of Finland.
Visiting researcher– 15.6.2007
2017.6.15 - 2017.8.31 Research visit at Rutgers University, United State of America. "LTCC modules with novel integrate technique for MEMS" funded by Nokia Foundation and Tekes project.