All students are responsible for their own health, accident and travel insurances. The University of Oulu does not cover any medical costs for students.Do not forget to take insurance that covers all of these during both your stay in Finland and your travel to and from Finland. For eventual leisure time excursions, it is advisable to make sure that the insurance is valid in Finland’s neighbouring countries as well.

Students from EU countries must also bring their European Health Card with them. For further information on the card, please contact the social insurance office in your home country. Note that the European Health Insurance Card is not valid during your travels to and from Finland or during any excursions to a third country.

The University of Oulu does not cover for eventual accidents which might take place during your stay, and without valid insurance, the medical payments may become quite expensive. Remember to bring a valid copy of your insurance policy with you.

MARSH SIP insurance is a good choice for our new international students. This insurance is recommended since it is recognised by the Finnish Immigration Services and it speeds up the residence permit process.

Citizens of EU countries are entitled to all health services in Finland, if they are covered by health insurance in their home country and they have the European Health Card. Even so, all international students need separate insurance that covers their whole study period.


Viimeksi päivitetty: 15.5.2016