Diana was born in Quito, Ecuador. She received the B.Sc. degree in electronics and telecommunications engineering from the Armed Forces University (ESPE), Sangolquí, Ecuador, in 2008, and the M.Sc. and D.Sc. degrees in electrical engineering with emphasis on telecommunications and telematics from the University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, Brazil, in 2011 and 2015, respectively. In 2018, she was a Visiting Researcher at the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC) at University of Oulu, Finland, for one year. Since 2015, she is acting as an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering, Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar), São Carlos, Brazil. In 2020, she joined CWC at University of Oulu as Senior Research Fellow in Physical Layer Security for machine-type communication networks. She has served as TPC and reviewer for several journals and conferences. Her research interests include wireless communications in general, PHY security, IoT networks, and UAV-based communications.
- Wireless Communications
- Physical Layer Security
- IoT Networks
- Machine-Type Communications
- Security for 5G Networks
- UAV-based communications
Yhteiskunnalliset ja professionaaliset toimet
- Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland. February 2020.
- Adjunct Professor, Federal University of São Carlos, São Carlos - SP, Brazil. August 2015
- Visiting Researcher, Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland. August 2018 - July 2019.
- Visiting PhD Student, Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland. August 2014 - October 2014.