Georgi V. Georgiev
My academic work is focused both on the early stage of design process, when new and innovative ideas are generated, and user's perspective on the design outcome, which is essential for understanding challenges for success of digital technologies. I earned my Ph.D. in JAIST, Japan in 2009. I am actively involved in the foundation and development of the Special Interest Group Design Creativity at the Design Society, International Conferences on Design Creativity, as well as in the editorial team of International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation since the inception of the journal.
- design creativity
- digital fabrication
- design computing
- design thinking
- user experience
Yhteiskunnalliset ja professionaaliset toimet
- Founding member of the editorial team of International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation
- Editorial Board, Journal of Engineering Design
- Co-chair of the International Programme Committee, International Conferences on Design Creativity (3rd ICDC, 4th ICDC, ICDC 2018)
- Secretariat of the International Programme Committee, International Conferences on Design Creativity (ICDC 2010, ICDC 2012)
- Founding member of SIG Design Creativity, The Design Society
- Member of Technical Programme Committees of ICED conference series, DESIGN conference series, TMCE conference series, IASDR conference series, ICoRD conference series, DRS conference series, and others
- Reviewer for journals Knowledge-Based Systems, Journal of Engineering Design, and others
- Center for Ubiquitous Computing
Visiting Fellow– 16.11.2017 - 17.12.2017
Research focused visit at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Nomi, Japan, Human Life Design Area and JAISTfab.
Visiting Professor– 5.10.2017 - 8.11.2017
Research focused visit at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, TrollLabs.