Hoang Nguyen currently works at Fibre and Particle Engineering Research Unit, Faculty of Technology, University of Oulu. Hoang does research in Materials Engineering. His research interests are fiber reinforced composites and sustainable cementitious materials. Hoang got his Bachelor in Materials Engineering in Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (Vietnam) and graduated from Doshisha University (Japan) with M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (9/2016). He started his Ph.D study in the University of Oulu from 11/2016.
- Fiber reinforced cementitious composite
- Sustainable cementitious binder
- Alkali-activated materials
- Ph.D. student, Fibre and particle engineering
- Nguyen, Hoang; Carvelli, Valter; Adesanya, Elijah; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2018) High performance cementitious composite from alkali-activated ladle slag reinforced with polypropylene fibers. - Cement and concrete composites 90, 150-160 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Nguyen, Hoang; Kinnunen, Päivö; Carvelli, Valter; Mastali, Mohammad; Illikainen, Mirja (2019) Strain hardening polypropylene fiber reinforced composite from hydrated ladle slag and gypsum. - Composites Part B: Engineering 158, 328-338 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Nguyen, Hoang; Adesanya, Elijah; Ohenoja, Katja; Kriskova, Lubica; Pontikes, Yiannis; Kinnunen, Päivö; Illikainen, Mirja (2019) Byproduct-based ettringite binder – A synergy between ladle slag and gypsum. - Construction and building materials 197, 143-151 . [Original]