M.Sc. Hydrology and Water Resources
Kashif Noor has started his research in the specialization of cold climate hydrology in Pallas, the subarctic region in Finland. He focusses on a detail investigation of hydrological processes, involving the understanding of snow Precipitation-accumulation-melting mechanisms, snowpack characteristics, runoff generation, evaluation of different sources of water, surface and subsurface flow mechanisms and the response of stream water to snow melting in the seasonally snow-dominated Catchment. Kashif is exploiting a well-established stable water isotope technique to unravel the spatiotemporal variations in hydrological processes. The isotope approach is particularly useful for answering the following research questions:
1) How do snow accumulation and snow melting influence the runoff generation in Nordic environments?
2) Where does the meltwater go when snow melts?
3) What type of flow mechanism is dominant in subarctic conditions?
4) What does happen to the liquid content in the snowpack and how do isotopic compositions vary with the change in temperature?
5) How does snowmelt influence the plant-water uptake mechanism?
- Catchment Hydrology
- Isotope Hydrology
- Groundwater-Surface Water Interaction
- Hydrological and Hydraulic Modelling
- Doctoral Researcher, Water Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Researcher, Subarctic Research Group (Pallas)
- Noor, Kashif; Elfeki, Amro M. M. (2018) Stochastic modelling of a diffusive wave for flood propagation using the random walk particle tracking method in a hypothetical city. - Hydrological processes 32 (15), 2390-2404 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Abdulrazzak, Mohamed; Elfeki, Amro; Kamis, Ahmed Samy; Kassab, Mostafa; Alamri, Nassir; Noor, Kashif; Chaabani, Anis (2018) The impact of rainfall distribution patterns on hydrological and hydraulic response in arid regions: case study Medina, Saudi Arabia. - Arabian journal of geosciences 11 (21), 1-18, 679 . [Original]
- Abdulrazzak, Mohamed; Elfeki, Amro; Kamis, Ahmed; Kassab, Moustafa; Alamri, Nassir; Chaabani, Anis; Noor, Kashif (2019) Flash flood risk assessment in urban arid environment: case study of Taibah and Islamic universities’ campuses, Medina, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. - Geomatics natural hazards and risk 10 (1), 780-796 . [Original]