Bibliometric analysis is used to assess for example:
- annual number of publications
- quality of publications, i.e. their Finnish Publication Forum classification and/or Impact Factor value
- visibility of publications, i.e. the number of publications in citation databases (Scopus and Web of Science)
- impact of publications, i.e. the number of citations they have received
- researcher's H-index
- researcher's cooperation network, i.e. the number of co-authors and affiliated organizations in publications.
The library's information services conduct bibliometric analyses free of charge to support decision-making at faculties, departments and research groups.
Guidance and training
The library's information service also provides guidance and training. The training is free of charge to all units, staff and students of the University of Oulu.
Other libraries and business customers are charged a fee according to the library service price list.
For further information see the Guide to evaluation based on scientific publication
- Evaluation of researchers and research groups
- Citation analysis and citation databases
- Cited reference search
- Citation alerts
Last updated: 16.5.2017