The terms and conditions related to the individual resources determine the use of e-resources. Users must abide by the terms and conditions of the resources. There is a separate summary of the terms and conditions for the FinELib resources
General terms and conditions
The University of Oulu researchers, teachers, students and other staff members may use the electronic resources from any computer connected to the University network.
The University of Oulu researchers, teachers, students and other staff members may use the electronic resources off campus by logging in to the Oula-Finna portal using their University of Oulu username (Haka Login).
All University Library users may use the electronic resources from computers on library premises.
You are allowed to:
- browse and perform searches
- print out or save search results in moderation for your own study and research (for non-commercial purposes)
- print out or save individual articles or parts of text in moderation
- send via e-mail, or as a hardcopy, individual articles to another individual for personal use in the spirit of academic communication
You are not allowed to:
- use the resource, or parts of it, for commercial purposes
- distribute, sell or adapt the resource, neither produce derivative works nor pass on the material to anyone other than an individual with the right to have access to it
- remove or alter the names of the authors of the material or the publisher’s copyright markings, nor any other identification data and restrictions
- use data mining programmes
- systematically copy or print material, nor republish the material in some other form
Use for teaching purposes:
The right to use the resources for teaching or in a learning environment is agreed on separately in the terms and conditions of each individual resource.
For more information please visit the Teacher's guide.
Electronic resources can be accessed off campus by logging in to the Oula-Finna portal using your staff or student username and password. Off campus access to the electronic resources is limited to University of Oulu students and members of staff only.
The Library’s server for off-campus access, EZProxy, needs to be able to pass through ports 8080 and 9443.
Problems with access: contact email@example.com.
Last updated: 8.2.2017