ReSoLVE - Centre of Excellence in Research on Solar Long-term Variability and Effects
- HELIOS team, Professor Kalevi Mursula, University of Oulu
- ENERGETIC team, Doctor Timo Asikainen, University of Oulu
- DYNAMO team, Docent Maarit Mantere, Aalto University
- MAGNETIC team, Professor Eija Tanskanen, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- COSMIC team , Professor Ilya Usoskin, Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory
ReSoLVE Centre of Excellence is an integrated research consortium of three research teams located in Oulu and two in Helsinki. ReSoLVE studies the long-term (centennial) magnetic evolution of the Sun, which depicts a dramatic increase in the 20th century and a recent rapid decline, and the effects of this variability to the space around the Sun and to the near-Earth environment, focusing on the long-term evolution of solar poloidal magnetic fields and their role in varying the level of electromagnetic disturbances and the flux of energetic particles in the near-Earth space.
Last updated: 27/9/2016