Ronkanen has completed her PhD on nitrogen and phosphorus processes in constructed wetlands treating municipal wasterwater and runoff from peat extraction areas in 2009. She has more than 15 years of experience to study engineering solutions to mitigate environmental impacts of different land uses, municipal wastewaters and mine waters on recipient water bodies. She has also 8 years of experience as University Lecturer teaching hydrological processes, water quality modelling in lakes and rivers, isotope hydrology, grondwater flow processes and modelling in the Universtiy of Oulu.
- constructed wetlands
- isotope hydrology
- peatland restoration and hydrology
- groundwater-surface water interactions
- impacts of mine waters on environment
- University Lecturer, Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Menberu, Meseret Walle; Marttila, Hannu; Tahvanainen, Teemu; Kotiaho, Janne S.; Hokkanen, Reijo; Kløve, Bjørn; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa (2017) Changes in pore water quality after peatland restoration : Assessment of a large-scale, replicated Before-After-Control-Impact study in Finland. - Water resources research 53 (10), 8327–8343 .
- Isokangas, Elina; Rossi, Pekka M.; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Marttila, Hannu; Rozanski, Kazimierz; Klöve, Björn (2017) Quantifying spatial groundwater dependence in peatlands through a distributed isotope mass balance approach. - Water resources research 53 (3), 2524–2541 .
- Akanegbu, Justice O.; Marttila, Hannu; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Kløve, Bjørn (2017) A current precipitation index-based model for continuous daily runoff simulation in seasonally snow covered sub-arctic catchments. - Journal of hydrology 545, 182–196 .
- Palmer, Katharina; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Klöve, Björn (2015) Efficient removal of arsenic, antimony and nickel from mine wastewaters in Northern treatment peatlands and potential risks in their long-term use. - Ecological engineering 75, 350-364
- Eskelinen, Riku; Ronkanen, Anna-Kaisa; Marttila, Hannu; Isokangas, Elina; Klöve, Björn (2016) Effects of soil frost on snowmelt runoff generation and surface water quality in drained peatlands. - Boreal Environment Research 21 (5-6), 556-570 .