20 funded doctoral researcher positions available for application in the Focus Institutes
For more information about the positions and how to apply:
Four doctoral researcher positions associated with Biocenter Oulu:
- Role of hypoxia signalling in cartilage health
- Label-free single-molecule digital Raman assay for quantification of lowabundance biomarkers (DigiRaman)
- I Uterine 3D morphology and extracellular matrix in establishment and maintenance of pregnancy. II. Search and study of novel genetic and contributing factors critical for male fertility.
- Genetic susceptibility and novel molecular mechanisms in viral encephalitis.
Four doctoral researcher positions associated with Eudaimonia Institute:
- A spitting image: Direct-to-consumer DNA testing and new networks of kinship (A-SPIT)
- Democratic education and social inequalities in politically polarised societies
- Developmental and situational dynamics of students’ math emotions, motivation, and performance (eMotMath)
- NORTHSENSE: Materialities and mobilities of the north through innovative sensory ethnographic methods”
- Application of digital technologies in promoting tourists’ sustainable behavior in sensitive environments and protected areas: An Arctic perspective.
Five doctoral researcher positions associated with Infotech Oulu:
- Social equality for digital rural areas
- Provably Authentic Model Training in Machine Learning
- Portable diagnosis and deep tissue monitoring with microwaves
- Bayesian deep learning for opportunistic disease screening.
Six doctoral researcher positions associated with Kvantum Institute:
- Ionospheric electric currents and their dependence on interplanetary magnetic field: measurements and modeling in different spatial scales (ICONIC)
- The potential of non-native pink salmon to boost Arctic ecosystems – a threat or an opportunity?
- Investigating the geodiversity-biodiversity relationship under climate change
- Cosmo-local value networks for carbon-capturing magnesium cement
- T-Capsules: Granulated mine tailings as solid CO2 adsorbents and their performance/ recyclability as secondary aggregate in concrete production.