Arctic area collaboration
The conditions of the Arctic region affect the shared future of the whole globe. University of Oulu is committed to international cooperation in various Arctic research and education networks involved in building the sustainable future of Northern communities and the world.
University of the Arctic
The University of Oulu is one of the founding members of the UArctic and has a vital role in both the leadership of UArctic and in developing joint activities and networks.
The Arctic Five is an alliance of five northern universities that will advance and share knowledge, education and innovations for the development of our region and a sustainable Arctic.
European and global reach
University of Oulu is engaged in a number of European research networks acting on different fields. In these networks, for example, a digital future and sustainable use of natural resources and energy is promoted.
The University of Oulu is a strong player in international education. Our international degree programmes offer a wide range of study opportunities, and hundreds of student exchange possibilities supplement the offering. We also organise education in cooperation with other universities and organizations. For example, through the UNIC European University, a wide range of courses from different universities is offered for students.
Ministry of Education Global Programme networks
University of Oulu continues to grow and deepen relationships with its global partners through Ministry of Education Global Programme. The goal of the Programme is to develop new actions that strengthen Finland’s higher education and global partnerships. At the moment seven international networks have been set up and within them there will be numerous collaboration projects.
- FICORE Finnish Indian Consortia for Research and Education (coordinated by Aalto University)
- FARIA Finnish-American Research & Innovation Accelerator (coordinated by the Aalto University and the University of Helsinki)
- GINTL Global Innovation Network for Teaching and Learning (coordinated by the University of Helsinki)
- Educase Platform (coordinated by Aalto University)
- FAPI Finland-Africa Platform for Innovation (coordinated by the University of Turku)
- SAFINET Southern African and Finnish Higher Education Institutions´ Network for Health and Well-being (coordinated by Tampere University)
- Finland-China Network in Food and Health Sciences (Coordinated by the University of Turku)