Welcome to work at the University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, you will be part of our northern science university community producing new scientific information and science-based solutions. We foster multidisciplinary collaboration and enable diverse career development opportunities. We strive to be the best place to work for all our staff.
We offer you
- A workplace to solve global challenges by combining multidisciplinary approaches, high-level research and teaching as well as efficient collaboration
- A work environment where you are trusted and where you can use your skills, develop yourself and do work that matters
- An employer who values and fosters diversity and is active in promoting gender equality and non-discrimination
- A flexible and family-friendly operational culture that promotes the well-being of the personnel so that you have the freedom to balance your working and private life
- A value foundation that guides us in creating new and taking responsibility and the culture of succeeding together
Additionally, we offer you a wide range of staff benefits from occupational health care and paid parental leave to sport, cultural and wellness benefits. We also have a spouse network to help spouses settle in Finland.
Choose us for your career
See what kinds of possibilities there are for you!
Note! Due to the recruitment system change, in the beginning of the year 2023 part of the open positions can only be found in the old system.
Heading towards research career? Doctoral training in the University of Oulu is coordinated by the University of Oulu Graduate School.
The University of Oulu has an impressive range of career opportunities for researchers, teachers and experts who are passionate about their field and enjoy working in an academic community.
University of Oulu Graduate School
Doctoral researchers in the University of Oulu work as part of the multidisciplinary and international science community. Doctoral training is coordinated by the University of Oulu Graduate School.
Who are we
Get to know what it is like to work as a researcher at the University of Oulu and how some of our researchers ended up in Oulu. About a third of our research staff are international.
For new employees
Are you a new employee and need the information to get started?
In the below links, you can find a lot of useful information for new employees, instructions for international staff members and researchers on what to do before and after arriving in Finland as well as information about living in Oulu.
We recommend reading the instructions to ensure your smooth onboarding to the University of Oulu.
International staff guide
Moving to a new city, let alone country, is always a big change. This checklist is your quick reference guide to practicalities that need to be taken care of before and after arrival.
Living in Oulu
The Oulu region is home to over 200 000 people making it the largest urban centre in northern Scandinavia and one of the fastest growing regions in Finland.