Apply to be a UniOulu Ambassador!
Becoming a UniOulu Ambassador
Applications open annually in autumn
- Please read the description of the programme carefully before applying.
- Interviews: Some or all applicants are invited for an interview. Interviewees will receive an invitation by email after the application period closes.
- Selection: Results will be announced to all applicants after the interviews by email.
Who can apply?
The UniOulu Ambassador programme is open to current Bachelor's and Master's students of the University of Oulu studying in the English-taught degree programmes, and you can apply even if you're a first year student.
We’re looking for students broadly from all programmes and different parts of the world, but especially from these English-taught programmes:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering and Information Systems
- Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics
- Business Analytics
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials
- Product and Project Management.
How will I know what to do if I am selected?
UniOulu Ambassadors will attend a training programme.
Some training sessions will be organised over the weekends and after office hours to minimize coinciding with lectures. In autumn, there are two (2) full day training sessions and shorter, task-specific online trainings. Mark the full-day trainings on your calendar already:
- September: A full day training and meeting with all student ambassadors, photoshoot
- October: Persuation and selling skills training for new ambassadors. Everyone chooses one (1) day when they participate.
After the sessions, you will feel confident in your role as a UniOulu Ambassador.
What does it mean to be a UniOulu Ambassador?
UniOulu Ambassadors share their experience as a student of the University of Oulu in stories, pictures, videos, live sessions and social media updates in the University of Oulu online communication. Instagram and Snapchat takeovers on the UniOulu accounts and updates to the UniOulu Ambassador Facebook page are essential part of the ambassadors’ tasks.
What is in it for me?
UniOulu Ambassadors will make good friends, polish communication skills and gain insight into the field of higher education communications, marketing and public affairs as a potential future career opportunity.
You will get to know Oulukaverit, your peer student ambassadors studying in the Finnish-taught degree programmes.
There are both compensated and voluntary duties.
You will stay connected with the marketing team, team leaders and fellow ambassadors throughout the academic year
In addition to the training sessions, you will regularly meet with UniOulu Ambassador team captains and the University of Oulu applicant marketing team.
The UniOulu Ambassador Programme is coordinated by the University of Oulu Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs team.