Human Computer Interaction and Human-Centered Development
The research area of the Human Computer Interaction and Human-Centered Development research unit is information technology in its various forms embedded in everyday human practices.
The major recent research themes are the following:
- Digital transformation in various contexts, including the taxi industry
- IT support for participatory urban design
- Understanding and strengthening children’s participation and agency in issues concerning their life.
- Understanding and supporting open and democratic development approaches, such as open source software development as a specific focus of study
- ICT-enabled model of healthcare delivery, combining service thinking with modern information technology supporting people in healthy life, and healthcare ecosystems in successfull value co-creation with connected health services
- Usability and UX research (UX Lab)
- Understanding how girls and women make sense the IT field and their career choices, looking at experiences, interactions, and discourses that are shaping social action