Apply to become Student Tutor and Kummi student by February 5th, 2023.
The call for Student Tutors (previously called Kummis) for international programmes and Kummi students for exchange students is now open! The application deadline is February 5th. Below you can see the tasks and responsibilities of a Kummi and Tutor student.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of a Tutor and Kummi student?
- meeting the new students at the end of August / at the beginning of January, welcoming them, helping them settle down and introducing the Finnish culture to them
- organizing tutoring sessions with other groups as well as with the Finnish-speaking small groups
- help the students get to know other students and the university community amd campus
- helping the students with study-related questions
Why should you be a Kummi or Student Tutor?
- easy way to get to know new cultures
- great opportunity to get new friends from all over the globe
- you get a cerficicate and paid for being a Kummi
Recommendations for Student Tutor/ Kummi:
- You are a responsible person
- Your studies are progressing as planned
It is essential that a Student Tutor or Kummi is motivated and eager to guide new freshmen and participate in different activities with your students!
As a Kummi or Student Tutor, you will be required to participate in the Kummi/Student Tutor trainings in Spring 2023, held before May. Kummi/Tutor students are also required to meet their students at the end of August/Beginning of September when they arrive, and they need a tutor. Additionally, the Kummi students for exchange students of Spring 2024 must be present in the beginning January 2024. You may also receive questions from students in the spring/summer.
Training sessions in English:
- 15.3. 16:30-18:00 Kick-off
- 22.3. klo 16–18:00 Tutoring international students
- 29.3. klo 16:30-18:00 Tutor training
- 5.4. klo 16:30-18:00 Tutor training
- independent Moodle course during Spring 2023.
Student Tutors and Kummi students are paid 14,10 € per hour. Student Tutors for international programmes and Kummi students are paid for a maximum of 20 hours. You will get a certificate.
Student tutors are required as follows:
- For exchange students
- 10 Kummi students for autumn semester 2023 and
- 5 Kummi students for spring semester 2024
- For International Master’s programmes: 7 Student Tutors
- Business Analytics
- For International Bachelor’s programme in International Business Management:
- 3 Student Tutors
How to apply?
1. Fill in the electronic application form.
2. Attach the following documents to the application:
a. CV in PDF format (including picture of yourself)
b. Transcript: Peppi: At the top of the Student's desktop you are able to find Atomi through which you are able to download transcript.
c. Welcoming letter introducing yourself to the tutoring group, template available at Welcoming letter for new students 2023.docx (sharepoint.com)
You can find more information on tutoring at the University's website.
The selections will be based on application documents and interviews. Interviews will be held on February 15th in cooperation with Student Organisation Finanssi ry
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information!