Class VDI terminals are replaced by power workstations
Remote Salava desktops were closed at the turn of January-February and have been replaced by AVD remote desktop service. VDI terminals in classrooms are in the process of being removed. Some of the VDI terminals will be replaced with Windows power workstations.
The exchange of the service platform will achieve significant cost savings both in the server capacity of our own server room and software license costs. In addition to these, the use of AVD reduces the maintenance workload.
Classrooms affected by the change
The changes apply to computer classrooms listed below that have previously been equipped with VDI terminals operated by ICT services. Facilities remain for educational use and their booking calendars remain intact.
- PK247, VDI terminals are replaced by 21 power workstations
- PR145, VDI terminals are replaced by 21 power workstations
- PK269, 10 VDI terminals are removed
- TH107, 16 VDI terminals are removed
- MA336, 21 VDI terminals are removed
- MA337, 10 VDI terminals are removed
In the autumn of 2022, a new computer classroom AT122 will be opened and it will be equipped with 40 power workstations.