Member appointments to the Advisory Board and Scholarship Foundation
The advisory board includes:
Chairman: Pertti Korhonen, CEO, Finntraffic Oy
Vice-chairman: Erja Sankari, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, iLOQ Oy
- Kaisa Hietala, government professional
- Hannu Huttunen, CEO, Bittium Oyj
- Juha Hulkko, entrepreneur
- Markku Leskelä, SVP, Development at Metsä Board
- Timo Levo, board member, Wetteri Yhtiöt Oy
- Eero Manninen, leading expert, Teknologiateollisuus ry
- Anneli Pouta, Director, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, THL
- Jarkko Pyykkönen, Head of Technology Center Oulu, Nokia
- Martti Sassi, President BA Ferrochrome at Outokumpu
- Mari-Leena Talvitie, Member of Parliament
- Mirja Vehkaperä, chairman of the Oulu city council.
The advisory board participates in the preparation of the university's strategy and supports the rector in implementing the strategy.
In its meeting, the board confirmed the board of the University of Oulu Scholarship Foundation.
Chairman: Rector Jouko Niinimäki
Vice-chairman: Vice rector Taina Pihlajaniemi
- Helka-Liisa Hentilä
- Harri Haapasalo
- Pekka Koskela
- Mika Penttilä
- Terttu Savolainen
- Jari Tuovinen.
The board approved the university's updated quality policy. The quality policy was last updated in 2016. It is an outline of the goals, principles and division of responsibilities for quality operations.