UArctic Actions on Ukraine
The UArctic Board condemns all acts of war. As a result of the current Russian military actions in Ukraine, the collaboration between UArctic and Russian institutions is paused until the situation allows for continuation.
This decision is taken without Russian board members.
The UArctic network is strongly committed to strengthening the North through Circumpolar collaboration in higher education and research with special attention to students and young researchers. UArctic works hard for a strong, engaged, informed and dynamic north creating better lives and environment for all northerners. UArctic looks forward to a future when the entire Circumpolar North can benefit from this collaboration.
- Organization of the UArctic Congress 2022 in Moscow is paused until further notice.
- Collaboration between individual researchers in Thematic Networks and educational activities for students shall continue where possible.
- UArctic scientists and students are asked to support the UArctic Values and to be inclusive, respectful.
- UArctic cooperation shall respect that our colleagues may be restricted due to sanctions and national and institutional regulations.
- UArctic members in Russia are not asked to pay membership fees for 2022.