Fibrobesity Visitor Programme
Funding for incoming and outgoing research visits
Please read the full call text before applying.
Incoming research visits: We invite postdoctoral scholars or professors from other research institutions in Finland or abroad to spend a research period at the University of Oulu and take part in the activities of Fibrobesity programme and the visitor’s host unit(s). This funding can be applied either a) directly by the external researcher with pre-established connection to Oulu-based hosting researcher, or b) by an Oulu-based FibroHealth Principal Investigator (PI) to invite a named external researcher to visit Oulu in order to collaborate on research. In both a) and b), the Oulu-based hosting PI should commit to the University of Oulu visiting researcher guidelines (internal link) and be registered in FibroHealth research community by the time of submitting the proposal. New members can join by filling in this FibroHealth registration form.
Outgoing research visits: This funding is available to registered FibroHealth senior researchers from postdocs to professors at the University of Oulu who wish to visit another research institution in Finland or abroad.
The length of the visit – for both incoming and outgoing visits – can be between two weeks and six months. The funding can cover travel expenses and accommodation costs up to 5 000 eur for short-term and up to 10 000 eur for longer visits. Salaries or daily allowances are not covered, nor trips to conferences. Detailed budget must be included in the application. The funded sum can be refunded on submission of receipts. A support letter by the host unit or institution is required.
How to apply
Please submit your application online by filling in this Webropol form and attaching the required documents.
In the application form, you are requested to fill in the following information:
- Contact details of the visiting researcher
- Are you applying for an incoming or outgoing visit?
- Details of the host unit or institute and hosting investigator
- Amount of applied funding
- Annexes (see the list below)
Applications (in English) should also include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (2 pages max) outlining your motivation for coming to Oulu or going to your target institution from Oulu. What is the added value and expected scientific or other outcomes of the visit to your research and to Fibrobesity programme? How is the planned visit expected to benefit the research and collaboration in the home and host institution? What is your work plan and schedule for the visit?
- Brief project description of the planned visit (2 pages max) including overall objectives, research methods, innovation, and contribution to your field and Fibrobesity research at the University of Oulu. Please also include here a detailed budget of the planned visit, clearly indicating the costs that are planned to be covered by this funding and potential other costs funded by other source(s).
- Hosting letter: For incoming visits, we require a commitment of the hosting unit from the hosting PI at the University of Oulu. For outgoing visits, please attach an invitation letter from the target host institute.
- Short Curriculum Vitae of the visiting researcher: (2 pages max) including a list of the most relevant publications (we recommend you follow the TENK guidelines, if appropriate: https://tenk.fi/en/advice-and-materials/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
Deadline of the call
No deadline. The call will be open on a continuous basis for research visits planned for 2022-2024 or until the reserved Fibrobesity funding has been used.
We will do our best to respond to applications with a decision within one month from submission.
Further information and inquiries
tel. 050 592 3333, 0294 48 5226