E-exams during the corona pandemic
The student must follow national and university guidelines and ensure that hygiene guidelines are followed. The student must remember that in case of illness, exam must be cancelled from the system.
Exam rooms will be opened partially to ensure the physical distance recommendations. The cleaning of the exam rooms has been intensified and there is hand sanitizer near the exam room. A disinfectant solution and disposable wipes are also provided in the Exam rooms. There is also a face mask recommendation in electronic exams.
You will receive an email with the instructions on how to get into the exam room with the confirmation email, read it carefully before the exam. As an exam visit, the student can take the electronic exam of another university in University of Oulus’ exam room, avoiding unnecessary travel. Exam visit is available in other higher education institutions as well, and students of the University of Oulu will be able to use them if necessary.
Due to the coronavirus, there might be changes in electronic exam with a short notice. In case of cancellation, you will receive an email.
Follow the information provided by the University of Oulu regarding the corona situation: https://www.oulu.fi/university/coronavirus.
- Verify from your teacher that the exam can be completed as electronic exam in the Exam-system.
- Register for the exam in the Exam-system. In a personal exam, teacher has already joined you for the exam, so the registration is already done. Log into the Exam-system once before you ask the teacher to create a personal exam for you. Teacher can't add you as a participant, before you have agreed to the terms and conditions.
- Book an exam time and place in the Examinarium (computer in the exam room) in the Exam-system. Reservations can be made 30 days ahead. You will get confirmation email about the booking.
- Complete the exam in the Examinarium through the Exam-system.
- Teacher will evaluate the exam in the Exam-system and save the grade.
- You will be informed of the grade via email and through the system.
- The grade is in study register.
E-exam: https://exam.oulu.fi - log in with your university account
Computer in Examinarium: General username and password are next to the computer
Browser recommendation: Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser. Do not use Internet Explorer.
Things allowed in Examinarium
- student card or photo identity card (compulsory)
- the locker key
- only on paper exams: writing tools (pencil and eraser)
- jacket or bags
- smart watch
- calculator, except with your teachers permission
- permission is visible in the information available when booking the exam time
- snacks or even a water bottle
- talking in the Examinarium
- leaving the Examinarium mid exam
Please note, that toilet breaks are not allowed in electronic examination.
In the exam room or near it will be lockers for your belongings free of charge. You can take things to the exam computer according the list above, leave the rest of you belongings to the lockers..