- Verify from your teacher that the exam can be completed as electronic exam in the Exam-system.
- Register for the exam in the Exam-system. In a personal exam, teacher has already joined you for the exam, so the registration is already done.
- Book an exam time and place in the Examinarium (computer in the exam room) in the Exam-system. Reservations can be made 30 days ahead. You will get confirmation email about the booking.
- Complete the exam in the Examinarium through the Exam-system.
- Teacher will evaluate the exam in the Exam-system and save the grade.
- You will be informed of the grade via email and through the system.
- The grade is in WebOodi and in Tuudo.
Computer in Examinarium
https://exam.oulu.fi - log in with your university account
General username and password are next to the computer
Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser. Do not use Internet Explorer.
Things allowed in Examinarium
- student card or photo identity card (compulsory)
- the locker key
- only on Monday exams (in Linnanmaa campus): writing tools (pencil and eraser)
- jacket or bags
- smart watch
- calculator, not even with your teachers permission
- snacks or even a water bottle
- talking in the Examinarium
- leaving the Examinarium mid exam
Please note, that toilet breaks are not allowed in electronic examination.
When taking the exam outside office hours, you need a 24/7-campus card to get into the building.
Examinarium (TL102), Fysiikankatu
TUE-FRI at 8 am-8 pm
(special arrangements until 9 pm)
SAT at 8 am-5 pm
MON at 8 am-8 pm only exams that are answered on paper
(i.e. mathematics, counting and japanese). No other exams are allowed on Mondays.
Examinarium (H1090), Aapistie 3
MON-FRI at 8 am-8 pm (special arrangements until 9 p.m.)
SAT at 8 am-5 pm
Examinarium opening hours
Examination always begins on the hour at 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm. Time to take the exam is always 2 hours 55 minutes (175 min). A student can leave the Examinarium 30 minutes from the beginning of the exam at the earliest.
Time periods for taking the exams are 8-11 am, 11 am-2 pm, 2-5 pm and 5-8 pm (5-9 pm only for students with special arrangements for examination).
There are electronic locks on e-exam room doors. The doors will be open 5 minutes prior to beginning of the exam and 30 minutes after the exam has began, for example between 7.55-8.30.
Examinariums are closed 21.12.2019-1.1.2020.
There are no exams in Examinarium the are done only by paper
In Linnanmaa Examinarium Mondays are reserved for exams that you can't do by computer (i.e. mathematics, counting and japanese). Even then the questions are in the exam-system.
There is a maintenance break in Exam system on every month´s 1st Monday. Exam rooms are closed between 8-11 am during the maintenance break.
Examinariums are closed during midweek holidays.
How to register for an e-exam.
How to operate in the Examinarium.
University of Oulus' instructions
Please note that these instructions go to national Wiki. There might be some university specific instructions.
By using the e-exam service a student undertakes to abide by the conditions of use, rules and possible special terms that the teacher has defined for the exam. A student consents to audio and video surveillance and to the combining of information of the examination systems in order to confirm identity. The electronic examination room is equipped with real-time and recording video surveillance (video and audio). Obeying the rules is confirmed by surveillance, random tests and through personal identification.
1.There is no technical support available during exams. Exams are done at one's own risk.
2. Electronic examinations comply with University of Oulu Education Regulations, Assessment and examination of study attainments at the University of Oulu guidelines and student´s information security guidelines.
3. The student consents to audio and video surveillance and to the combining of information of the examinations systems in order to confirm identity.
4. The rules of information technology service use apply in electronic examinations.
5. Data protection notice for University of Oulu.
Exams with 4 hours are only for students who need special arrangements for examination. In such case a recommendation by the accessibility contact person is needed and an examiner creates a personal exam for a student. Time period for taking the 4 hour exams is between 5 pm - 9 pm from Monday to Friday.
Student needs to have a certificate for special arrangements for examination. Four hour exams are always done as personal exams.
For other speacial arrangements, i.e. taking asthma medicine to the Examinarium, please contact technical support before making reservations.
Exam visit means when you complete your own universities course exam in another universities Exam-room. Before making an exam reservation to the other university, remember to check their opening hours, instructions on how to get into the exam room and other university specific instructions. You also need to make sure, that the exam-computers have the programs you need to complete the exam. When you take the exam at another university, you follow the exam rules and guidelines of that certain institution, so read them carefully in advance. Universities that have enabled the exam visit can be found from the Exam webpage.
To book an exam visit, log into your own universities Exam and register to the Exam normally. When choosing the exam room, select Exam room reservation from external institution. Choose the organization, in which you want to complete the visit in and then choose the exam room. After that you can complete the reservation normally within this certain institutions’ exam visit hours.
Exam visit can be completed in University of Oulu’s Dentopolis exam room. Exam visit can be completed on weekdays in between 8am and 5pm, exams start at 8.00, 11.00 and 14.00. From above you can find campus map and guidelines and conditions of use for electronic exam, please read them carefully before making the reservation.
Software that students can use during e-exams
Mozilla Firefox (access to Exam system only), Word without spelling and grammar, Excel, Calc, Paint, PDF-Xchange, 7-zip, Java, Java- sekä gcc/g++, Notepad ++, C/C++:, Codeblocks + Mingw, Mingw-kääntäjä, Catch, Dr. Memory, Cppcheck, Doxygen, Cpp reference offline version HTML book, NetBeans.
Other tools: creative pen display (coming soon), noise cancelling headphones (coming soon).
To get to know electronic examination, you can book a test exam. Test exam can be found from the Exam-system with Test exam-name. Book the exam and complete it accord to your own schedule. Please note, that even when completing a test exam, you must follow electronic examinations rules and guidelines.
Problems during the exam
If any technical problems prevent you from finishing your exam, abort the exam, leave Examinarium and fill in Form to Report Exam Interruption immediately. In case of an emergency there are instructions and an alarm button inside the e-exam room.
Last updated: 2.1.2020