Dr. Aladejare joined University of Oulu in 2018. He received his B.Eng. (First Class Honors) in Mining Engineering and Master Degree in Underground Mining Engineering from Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria in 2008 and 2012, respectively. He bagged PhD in Rock Mechanics in 2016 at the City University of Hong Kong. His PhD thesis was awarded "Ringo Yu Prize for Best PhD Thesis in Geotechnical Studies" by Hong Kong Institute of Engineers. Dr. Aladejare research interests focus on geotechnical site characterization, numerical simulations in mining and geotechnical engineering, and mining engineering design. Dr Aladejare has published research articles in reputable mining and geotechnical engineering international journals.
- Uncertainty characterization in rock properties
- Reliability-based design of mining and geotechnical engineering
- Optimization of mining engineering systems
- Experimental and computational rock mechanics
- 491868S Advanced Rock Mechanics
- 491688S Rock Dynamics and Applications
- 492600S Mining Engineering
- 492602S Financial and Project Valuation of Mining
Research funding and Awards
- Research Grant from Renlunds Foundation: '' Quantifying site-specific rock variability for engineering design and analysis '' (2019-2020).
- Ringo Yu Prize for Best PhD Thesis in Geotechnical Studies awarded by Hong Kong Institute of Engineers Geotechnical Division (GD), 2016.
- Research Tuition Scholarship by City University of Hong Kong, 2015.
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship awarded by Research Grant Council of Hong Kong, (2013-2016).
- Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship awarded by City University of Hong Kong, 2013.
- Conference travel grant funded by the Research Grant Council of Hong Kong, May 2016.
- Conference travel grant funded by the Research Grant Council of Kong, October 2015.
- Conference travel grant funded by the ResearchGrant Council of Hong Kong, May 2015.
- Outstanding Academic Performance Award by City University of Hong Kong, 2015.
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship awarded by Ekiti State Government of Nigeria, 2012.
- Best Graduating Student of the Department of Mining Engineering, awarded by the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, 2008.
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship awarded by Ekiti State Government of Nigeria, 2007.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y. (2019). Probabilistic characterization of Hoek-Brown constant mi of rocks using Hoek’s guideline chart, regression model and uniaxial compression test. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering https://doi.org/10.1007/s10706-019-00961-7.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y. (2019). Estimation of rock mass deformation modules using indirect information from multiple sources. Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 85, 76-83.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y. (2018). Probabilistic analysis of rock slope stability: from rock property characterization to reliability analysis. Geoscience Frontiers , 9 (6), 1639-1648.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y. (2017). Sources of Uncertainty in Site Characterization and their Impact is Geotechnical Reliability-Based Design. ASCE ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems , 3 (4): 04017024.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y. (2017). Evaluation of rock property variability. Geological Risk: Assessment and Management of Risk for Engineered Systems and Geohazards , 11 (1), 22-41.
- Wang, Y., and Aladejare, AE (2016). Bayesian characterization of correlation between uniaxial compressive strength and Young's modulus of rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences , 85, 10-19.
- Wang, Y., and Aladejare, AE (2016). Evaluating variability and uncertainty of geological strength index at a specific site. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering , 49 (9), 3559-3573.
- Zhao, T., Aladejare, AE, and Wang, Y. (2016). Bayesian model selection and characterization for rock properties. Engineering Journal of Wuhan University , 5, 740-744.
- Wang, Y., and Aladejare, A. E. (2015). Selection of site-specific regression model forcharacterization of uniaxial compressive strength of rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 75, 73-81.
- Akande, J.M., Aladejare, A. E., and Lawal, A.I. (2014). Evaluation of the environmental impacts of blasting in Okorusu fluorspar mine, Namibia. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 4(1), 35-42.
- Akande, J.M., Lawal, A.I., and Aladejare, A. E. (2013). Optimization of the overall equipment efficiency (OEE) of loaders and rigid frame trucks in NAMDEB Southern coastal mine stripping fleet, Namibia. Earth Science, 2(6), 158-166.
- Akande, J. M., and Aladejare, A. E. (2013). Geo-mechanical properties of Okaba coal deposit for pillar support system. Journal of Mining World Express, 2(2), 45-48.
- Akande, J. M., Onifade, M., and Aladejare, A. E. (2013). Determination of airflow distributions in Okaba underground coal mine. Journal of Mining World Express, 2(2), 40-44.
- Adebayo, B., and Aladejare, A. E. (2012). Effect of rock properties on excavation-loading operation in selected quarries. Journal of Advance Material Research, 824, 86-90.
- Akande, JM, and Aladejare, AE (2012). Design of Okaba Prototype underground coal mine using AutoCAD. Journal of Mineral Wealth , 166, 27-32.
- Adebayo, B., Aladejare, AE , and Adebayo, AA (2012). Assessment of the potential for coal production in Nigeria. Nigeria Mining Journal , 10 (1), 12-16.
- Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing Research Unit