I received my bachelor’s degree (First Class Honours) in Mining Engineering in 2008 at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, and completed my research master’s degree (Distinction) in Mining Engineering (specialized in Underground Mining) from the same University in 2012. I bagged my PhD in Rock Mechanics at the City University of Hong Kong in 2016 for my research titled “Development of Bayesian probabilistic approaches for rock property characterization" funded through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme of the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. My PhD thesis was awarded the Ringo Yu Prize for Best PhD thesis in Geotechnical Studies in Hong Kong for 2016 academic year by the Hong Kong Institute of Engineers. Before joining the University of Oulu in 2018, I had worked as a Lecturer at the Department of Mining Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, and Postdoctoral Fellow at the City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong. My research interests include but not limited to geotechnical site characterization, numerical simulations in Mining and geotechnical engineering, and Mining engineering design.
- Uncertainty characterization in rock properties
- Reliability-based design of mining and geotechnical engineering
- Artificial intelligence
- Experimental and computational rock mechanics
- 491868S Advanced Rock Mechanics
- 491688S Rock Dynamics and Applications
- 492600S Mining Engineering
- 492602S Financial and Project Valuation of Mining
Research funding and Awards
- Research Grant from the Renlunds Foundation: '' Quantifying site-specific rock variability for engineering design and analysis '' (2019-2020).
- Ringo Yu Prize for Best PhD Thesis in Geotechnical Studies awarded by the Hong Kong Institute of Engineers Geotechnical Division (GD), 2016.
- Research Tuition Scholarship by City University of Hong Kong, 2015.
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship awarded by the Research Grant Council of Hong Kong, (2013-2016).
- Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship awarded by City University of Hong Kong, 2013.
- Outstanding Academic Performance Award by City University of Hong Kong, 2015.
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship awarded by Ekiti State Government of Nigeria, 2012.
- Best Graduating Student of the Department of Mining Engineering, awarded by the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, 2008.
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship awarded by Ekiti State Government of Nigeria, 2007.
- Aladejare, AE, and Idris, MA (2020). Performance analysis of empirical models for predicting rock mass deformation modulus using regression and Bayesian methods. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2020.03.007
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y (2019). Estimation of rock mass deformation modules using indirect information from multiple sources. Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 85, 76-83.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y (2018). Probabilistic analysis of rock slope stability: from rock property characterization to reliability analysis. Geoscience Frontiers , 9 (6), 1639-1648.
- Aladejare, AE , and Wang, Y (2017). Sources of Uncertainty in Site Characterization and their Impact is Geotechnical Reliability-Based Design. ASCE ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems , 3 (4): 04017024.
- Wang, Y, and Aladejare, AE (2016). Evaluating variability and uncertainty of Geological strength index at a specific site. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering , 49 (9), 3559-3573.
- Wang, Y, and Aladejare, AE (2015). Selection of site-specific regression model for characterization of uniaxial compressive strength of rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences , 75, 73-81.
- Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing Research Unit
Characterization of physical and mechanical properties of rocks from Otanmäki, Finland
Master thesis, Abubakar Osmanu (2020), University of Oulu, Finland