Antti Tanhua received his Bachelor of Science (Technology), Process Engineering degree in 2017 from University of Oulu, Finland and the Master of Science (Technology), Mineral Processing degree in 2019 also from University of Oulu, graduating with good grades. Soon after graduating from the Master’s programme he started working as a project researcher at the Oulu Mining School, which later escalated into starting his Ph.D. studies at University of Oulu in January 2020 with research related to dry processing of sulfide and industrial mineral ores (Thesis topic: The effects of dry processing on the beneficiation of sulfide and industrial mineral ores).
- Chemical phenomena in mineral processing applications
- Surface chemistry
- Surface properties after comminution
- Environmental impact of mining
- Water management in mineral processing
- Process optimization
Research funding and awards
- Research grant from K.H. Renlund foundation: ”The effects of dry processing on the beneficiation of sulfide and industrial mineral ores” (2020)
- Tanhua A, Sinche-Gonzalez M, Kalapudas R, Tanskanen P, Lamberg P, (2020). Effect of waste rock dilution on spodumene flotation. Minerals Engineering.
- Peltoniemi M, Kallio R, Tanhua A, Luukkanen S, Perämäki P, (2020). Mineralogical and surface chemical characterization of flotation feed and products after wet and dry grinding. Minerals Engineering.
- Mining Engineering and Mineral Processing Research Unit