Recent Projects Funded by Tekes, the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation
- 5G System Architect and WP leader in 5G radio access solutions to 10 GHz and beyond frequency bands (5Gto10G) project 2015–2016; 10 person years per year. Other partners: Nokia, Huawei, Anite.
- 5G Test System Architect and Co-PI in 5G test Network (5GTN)project 2015-2016; 5 person years per year. Other partners: Anite, EB, Eltel Networks, EXFO, Finnish Broadcasting Company (YLE), Haltian, Indalgo, MediaTek, Nokia, Pehutec, Pulse, Sarokal and research institute VTT. Project is endorsed by City of Oulu and Ficora – the national communications regulatory authority.
- Principal Investigator in Communications and Control for Critical Infrastructures (CONCARI) project 2014–2015; 2 person years. Companies in Steering Group: Nokia Siemens Networks, Ericsson, Finnish Defence Forces, Elektrobit, Renesas Mobile Europe, Oulun Energia, FICORA. Joint project with VTT.
- 5G System Architect and WP leader in 5G radio access solutions to 10 GHz and beyond frequency bands (5Gto10G) project 2014–2015; 10 person years per year. Other partners: Nokia, Huawei, Elektrobit.
- Co-principal inverstigator in Smart Grids and Energy Markets (SGEM) 2012-2015 50 M€ national flagship project on Smart Grids. Other partners: Aalto University, Lappeenranta University of Technology, MIKES, Centre for Metrology and Accreditation, Tampere University of Technology, University of Eastern Finland, University of Vaasa, VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland, Fingrid, Fortum, Helen Sähköverkko, Suur-Savon Sähkö, Vantaan Energia, Vattenfall Verkko, Oulun Energia, ABB, Aidon, Alstom Grid, Empower, Tekla, The Switch, Cybersoft, Elektrobit, Emtele, Nokia Siemens Networks, TeliaSonera, There Corporation, Viola Systems.
Recent Projects Funded by Academy of Finland
- Co-Principal Investigator in Cloud computing as an enabler of large scale variable distributed energy solutions: Bright Clouds – Dark Clouds (BC – DC) 2015–2021; 10 person years per year, other partners: University of Helsinki, Finnish Meteorological Institute, VATT Institute for Economic Research, Finnish Environment Institute Martti Ahtisaari Institute
Recent Projects Funded by the European Union
- Co-ordinator and PI in EU H2020 Peer to Peer Smart Energy Distribution Networks (P2P-SmartTest) Innovation Action (IA) 2015–2017.
- Co-PI in ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) project 5G testiverkko (5G test network) 2015-2017. Other partners: VTT, Nokia, Keysight, Bittium, Eltel Networks, Exfo, Indalgo, Haltian, MediaTek
- System Performance WP leader in EU FP7 Full-Duplex Radios for Local Accesss (DUPLO) Specific Targeted Research Project (STREP) 2012–2015.
- Responsible Leader in EU Marie Curie Action IRSES Cognitive-Networks-Enabled Transnational Proactive Healthcare (CoNHealth), 2011-2015