Hirley Alves concluded a dual doctoral degree program between University of Oulu and Federal University of Technology - Paraná, Brazil. Hirley received the D.Sc. degree from University of Oulu in April 2015. Hirley received B.Sc., M.Sc. and D.Sc degrees from Federal University of Technology - Paraná (UTFPR), Brazil, in 2010, 2011 and 2015, respectively, all in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering. Since 09.2017, Hirley is Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC), University of Oulu, Finland.
- Machine-type communications (MTC)
- Ultra-reliable low latency communication (URLLC)
- Massive machine type communications (mMTC)
- Communications networks for IoT
- Enhanced broadband and 5G
- Full-duplex wireless communications
- Cooperative diversity and HARQ mechanisms
Machine-type wireless communications group
Machine-type wireless communication (MTC) , in especial massive MTC and Ultra-reliable, low latency communication (URLLC), imposes the most challenging requirements in terms of latency and reliability that are not attended by current technologies. Hence imposing a new technological paradigm on the design of wireless networks. MTC covers heterogeneous and stringent requirements ranging from massive connectivity up to ultra-reliability and low latency (as 99.999% within 1ms). Therefore MTC is one of the key enablers of the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution, which is predicted to change not only the way we live, but generate new business with huge potential economic impact, and revolutionize the complete value chain of several industries.
To meet this vision our group is composed of brilliant researchers that seek elegant mathematical and algorithmic solutions for MTC, mMTC and URLLC, within its diverse and heterogeneous requirements and applications.
- Hirley Alves, Adj. Professor
- Diana P. M. Osorio, Postdoctoral researcher
- Parisa Nouri, Phd student/Researcher
- Onel L. A. López, Phd student/Researcher
- Mohammad Shehab, Phd student/Researcher
- Iran Ramezanipour, Phd student/Researcher
- Fahad Qasmi, Phd student/Researcher
- Binod Kharel, Phd student/Research assistant
- Irfan Muhammad, Phd student/Research assistant
- Arliones Hoeller Jr., Phd student/research assistant
- Diana P. M. Osorio, Assist. Prof. (postdoc/academic sabbatical), UFSCar, Brazil
- Arliones Hoeller Jr., Phd student/research assistant, UFSC/IFSC, Brazil
- 6Genesis - Flagship Program Academy of Finland
- EE-IoT Energy Efficient IoT Deployment for Systems of the Future - Academy of Finland (ICT2023: Energy Efficiency)
- High5: Tekes/Business Finland
- SAFE: SmArt and secure Future nEtworks - Academy of Finland (ICT2023: Security)
Professional and community activities
- Tutorial Lecture on Machine-type Wireless Communications: from massive connectivity to ultra-reliability, ISWCS'18
- Workshop Chair: workshop series on Full-duplex communications for future wireless networks, ICC'17, Globecom'17, ICC'18, Globecom'18
- Workshop Chair: workshop on MTC as enabler of the Energy Internet, VTC-spring'18
- Tutorial Lectures on Full-Duplex Communications: EW'16, ISWCS'16, EUCNC'17, ISWCS'17
- CWC-RT Radio Technologies
Performance of delay constrained multi-user networks under block fading channels.
Mohammad Shehab, 2017.
Ultra Reliable Communication via Optimum Power Allocation for Repetition and Parallel Coding in Finite Block-Length.
Endrit Dosti, 2017.
Avaliação de desempenho de um sistema ponto a ponto com transferência sem o de energia e comunicação em regime de blocos de comprimento finito
Onel L. A. López, 2017
On the performance of energy harvesting communication system under finite block lenght regime
Co-supervision: Prof. Evéilo Fernandez, UFPR, Brazil
Optimum Transmission Rate in Fading Channels with Markovian Sources and QoS Constraints
Fahad Qasmi, June 2018.
Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communication in MTC Networks
Binod Kharel, Sept 2018.
Physical Layer Security for Machine Type Communication
Irfan Muhammad, Sept 2018
Visitors in 2018– 1.1.2018 to 31.12.2018
- Petar Popovski, March and October 2018
- Carlos H. M. de Lima, April and October2018
- Richard Demo Souza, August 2018
- Aarliones Hoeller Jr, August - October 2018
- Diana P. M. Osorio, August 2018 (until July 2019)
- Constantinos Papadias, October 2018