Kaisu Koivumäki (Innanen)
Koivumäki is currently working as a communications sepcialist at the University of Oulu as well as with her dissertation project with a working title 'Fragmented Science Communication*.
- Science communication
- Public understanding of science
- Societal impact
- Social media
Kaisu Koivumäki holds two master's degrees, in speech communication and in literature, and she is a qualified teacher in Finnish language and literature. In addition to the Finnish Universities of Helsinki, Jyväskylä and Oulu, she has studied in Norway at the Universities of Tromsø and Trondheim.
Koivumäki’s dissertation project with a working title Researchers as Science Communicators is studying researchers’ and communications professionals’ perceptions of science communication and collaboration with emphasis on the relationship between science and society.
Koivumäki’s dissertation work is a recipient of grants from The Finnish Cultural Foundation, Finnish Association of Science Editors and Journalists, and Scholarship Fund of the University of Oulu. The dissertation is conducted as a part of the BCDC Energy research project funded by the Strategic Research Council at the Academy of Finland.
Koivumäki is an experienced communications specialist with working career in the fields of culture, education, and science. At the University of Oulu she has been working as a planning officer in the Joy of Reading Program and BCDC Energy research project. Currently she works as a communication specialist at University of Oulu's Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs unit .
PCST Network member
Innanen, Kaisu (2018). Blog & Tweet turns – changing the culture of science communication: Presentation Abstract. Public Communication of Science and Technology. 3.–6.4.2018, Dunedin, New Zealand. Conference full programme.
Innanen, Kaisu (2018). Tweet or perish: Presentation and Abstract. Public Communication of Science and Technology. 3.–6.4.2018, Dunedin, New Zealand. Conference full programme.
Innanen, Kaisu (2018). Is image everything? Presentation and Abstract. Science in Public Conference, 7.–9.12.2018. Cardiff, UK. Conference full programme.
Innanen, Kaisu (2019). Researchers creating and analyzing the styles of science communication in the new media. Presentation and Short Paper. NordMedia219, Malmö, Sweden 21.–23.8.2019. Conference full programme.
Doctoral and Summer Schools
16. - 19.8.2017: NordMedia 2017: 23rd Nordic Conference on Media and Communication Research. Pre-conference for doctoral students, Tampere, Finland.
23. – 25.10.2017 Bi-annual meeting of the ICSI (Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction) Division of ECREA, European Communication Research and Education Association ICSI 2017 conference. Young Scholars Workshop, Helsinki, Finland.
8. – 17.7.2019, Ecrea European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School, 10 days, Tartu, Estonia
19. – 20.8.2019, NordMedia2019 PhD Student Preconference, Malmö, Sweden
- Koivumäki, Kaisu; Wilkinson, Clare (2020) Exploring the intersections: researchers and communication professionals' perspectives on the organizational role of science communication. - Journal of Communication Management 24 (3), 207-226 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Koivumäki, Kaisu; Koivumäki, Timo; Karvonen, Erkki (2020) “On social media science seems to be more human” : exploring researchers as digital science communicators. - Media and communication 8 (2), 425-439 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Huotari, Maija-Leena; Suorsa, Anna; Ikonen, Kaisa; Innanen, Kaisu (2016) Knowledge creation in an R&D project : a multiple case study in the context of clean energy markets in Finland. - Information Research 21 (4), 1-7 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Huotari, Maija-Leena; Ikonen, Kaisa; Innanen, Kaisu; Suorsa, Anna (2016) Tietojohtaminen, tiedon luominen ja vuorovaikutus : usean tapauksen tutkimus uusiutuvien energiamarkkinoiden T&K-hankkeessa. - Informaatiotutkimus 35 (3), 29-32 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Ikonen, Kaisa; Innanen, Kaisu; Tikkinen, Siinamari (2015) Läslust-handboken : läsmotivation och multilitteracitet i samarbete mellan skola och bibliotek. - Ei sarjaa/No series. Oulu. [Original]
- Ikonen, Kaisa; Innanen, Kaisu; Tikkinen, Siinamari (2015) The Joy of reading handbook : improving reading motivation and multiliteracy through collaboration between schools and libraries. - Ei sarjaa/No series. Oulu. [Original]
- Innanen, Kaisu (2014) Kunnianosoitus nuoruudelle : Karl Ove Knausgård yllättää kypsymättömyyden komedialla. - Kaleva 18.08.2014
- Innanen, Kaisu (2014) Innostuminen on onnistuminen. - Etusivu - Opetus- ja kulttuuriministeriön verkkolehti (18.12.2014), 1-3 . [Original]
PhD student visit at the University of West of England, Science communication Unit– 1.9.2018 to 31.12.2018