Marianne Kinnula is an Associate Professor (tenured) in Human-centred design and digitalisation, and the research unit vice-leader of INTERACT research unit in University of Oulu. Her research is in the fields of information systems and human-computer interaction. She is interested in how technology changes our everyday lives in many ways, on an individual and organizational level and in society at large and focuses on the themes of empowerment, inclusion, and agency through user participation, with inter- and transdisciplinary approach. Recently, digital fabrication and making have become interesting contexts for these themes.
- Iivari, Netta; Kinnula, Marianne; Molin-Juustila, Tonja; Kuure, Leena (2018) Exclusions in social inclusion projects: Struggles in involving children in digital technology development. - Information Systems Journal 26 (6), 1020-1048 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kinnula, Marianne; Iivari, Netta; Isomursu, Minna; Kinnula, Henrietta (2018) Socializers, achievers or both? Value-based roles of children in technology design projects. - International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction 17, 39-49 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kinnula, Marianne; Iivari, Netta; Isomursu, Minna; Laari-Salmela, Sari (2018) 'Worksome but Rewarding' : Stakeholder Perceptions on Value in Collaborative Design Work. - Computer Supported Cooperative Work - The Journal of Collaborative Computing 27 (3-6; SI), 463-494 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Iivari, Netta; Kinnula, Marianne (2018) Empowering children through design and making : towards protagonist role adoption. (Artikkeli tieteellisessä konferenssijulkaisussa). - Proceedings of the 15th Participatory Design Conference: Full Papers - PDC '18. August 20-24, Hasselt and Genk, Belgium. Liesbeth Huybrechts et al.. Ei sarjaa/No series, 16. [Original] [Self-archived]
- Kinnula, Marianne; Molin-Juustila, Tonja; Sanchez Milara, Ivan; Cortes, Marta; Riekki, Jukka (2017) What if it switched on the sun? Exploring creativity in a brainstorming session with children through a Vygotskyan perspective. - Computer Supported Cooperative Work - The Journal of Collaborative Computing 26 (4-6), 423-452 . [Original] [Self-archived]
- Iivari, Netta; Kinnula, Marianne (2016) Inclusive or Inflexible: a Critical Analysis of the School Context in Supporting Children's Genuine Participation. (Artikkeli tieteellisessä konferenssijulkaisussa). - NordiCHI '16 Proceedings of the 9th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction : Gothenburg, Sweden — October 23 - 27, 2016. Ei sarjaa/No series, 63. [Original]
- Kuure, Leena; Molin-Juustila, Tonja; Keisanen, Tiina; Riekki, Maritta; Iivari, Netta; Kinnula, Marianne (2016) Switching perspectives : from a language teacher to a designer of language learning with new technologies. - Computer Assisted Language Learning 29 (5), 925-941 . [Original] [Self-archived]