Minna Uitto has wide experience in teacher research. Her research interests include emotions and relationships in schools, micropolitics in schools, teachers’ work, and narrativity. Currently, she works in the EMOT-project (2013-19) funded by the Academy of Finland. Her current research focuses on the emotions in beginning teachers’ stories about their work. Her previous research dealt with teacher-student relationships based on students’ memories of their own teachers.
- beginning teachers
- narrative inquiry
- Living Stories Research Community
- Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna; Deketelaere, Ann; Estola, Eila (2017) A beginning teacher in emotionally intensive micropolitical situations. - International Journal of Educational Research 81, 61-70 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki T.; Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna; Estola, Eila (2017) The challenges to discussing emotionally loaded stories in Finnish teacher education. - European journal of teacher education 40 (3; SI), 379-393 .
- Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna (2017) The significance of emotions in Finnish teachers’ stories about their intercultural learning. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 25 (1), 15-29 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki T.; Timonen, Virpi; Uitto, Minna; Estola, Eila (2017) Storied emotional distances in the relationships between beginning teachers and school principals. - British educational research journal 43 (3), 486-504 .
- Uitto, Minna; Kaunisto, Saara-Leena; Kelchtermans, Geert; Estola, Eila (2016) Peer group as a meeting place : reconstructions of teachers' self-understanding and the presence of vulnerability. - International Journal of Educational Research 75, 7-16 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki; Uitto, Minna (2016) The tension between the ideal and experienced : teacher-student relationships in stories told by beginning Japanese teachers. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 24 (2), 205-219 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna; Kaunisto, Saara-Leena; Syrjala, Leena; Estola, Eila (2015) Silenced Truths: Relational and Emotional Dimensions of a Beginning Teacher's Identity as Part of the Micropolitical Context of School. - Scandinavian journal of educational research 59 (2), 162-176 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna; Jokikokko, Katri; Estola, Eila (2015) Virtual special issue on teachers and emotions in Teaching and teacher education (TATE) in 1985-2014. - Teaching and Teacher Education 50, 124-135 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna (2012) 'Behind every profession is a person' : Students' written memories of their own teacher-student relationships. - Teaching and Teacher Education 28, 293-301
- Uitto Minna (2011) Humiliation, unfairness and laughter: students recall power relations with teachers. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 19 (2), 273-290
- Uitto, Minna (2011) Storied relationships : students recall their teachers. - Acta Universitatis Ouluensis. Series E, Scientiae rerum socialium 122. Oulu. Artikkeliväitöskirja. 116, . [Original]
- Uitto Minna, Estola Eila (2009) Gender and emotions in relationships: a group of teachers recalling their own teachers. - Gender and education 21 (5), 517-530
- Uitto, Minna & Syrjälä, Leena (2008) Body, caring and power in teacher-pupil relationships: encounters in former pupils' memories. - Scandinavian journal of educational research 52 (4), 355-371