Minna Uitto has wide experience in teacher research. She is a docent (educational sciences, especially teacher research) in the University of Jyväskylä. Her research interests include relationality and emotions in teachers' work, micropolitics in schools, and narrativity. Currently, she is the principal investigator of Unpacking and redefining changing relationships in teachers' work (RELA)-research project (2020-2024) funded by the Academy of Finland. The project focuses on unpacking and redefining what changing working conditions mean for teachers' relationships in their work. Her previous research has dealt with the emotional dimension in beginning teachers’ stories about their work and teacher-student relationships based on students’ memories of their own teachers.
- beginning teachers
- narrative inquiry
- teachers' work
- Living Relations Research Community (former Living Stories)
- Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna; Deketelaere, Ann; Estola, Eila (2017) A beginning teacher in emotionally intensive micropolitical situations. - International Journal of Educational Research 81, 61-70 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki T.; Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna; Estola, Eila (2017) The challenges to discussing emotionally loaded stories in Finnish teacher education. - European journal of teacher education 40 (3; SI), 379-393 .
- Jokikokko, Katri; Uitto, Minna (2017) The significance of emotions in Finnish teachers’ stories about their intercultural learning. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 25 (1), 15-29 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki T.; Timonen, Virpi; Uitto, Minna; Estola, Eila (2017) Storied emotional distances in the relationships between beginning teachers and school principals. - British educational research journal 43 (3), 486-504 .
- Uitto, Minna; Kaunisto, Saara-Leena; Kelchtermans, Geert; Estola, Eila (2016) Peer group as a meeting place : reconstructions of teachers' self-understanding and the presence of vulnerability. - International Journal of Educational Research 75, 7-16 . [Original]
- Lassila, Erkki; Uitto, Minna (2016) The tension between the ideal and experienced : teacher-student relationships in stories told by beginning Japanese teachers. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 24 (2), 205-219 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna; Kaunisto, Saara-Leena; Syrjala, Leena; Estola, Eila (2015) Silenced Truths: Relational and Emotional Dimensions of a Beginning Teacher's Identity as Part of the Micropolitical Context of School. - Scandinavian journal of educational research 59 (2), 162-176 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna; Jokikokko, Katri; Estola, Eila (2015) Virtual special issue on teachers and emotions in Teaching and teacher education (TATE) in 1985-2014. - Teaching and Teacher Education 50, 124-135 . [Original]
- Uitto, Minna (2012) 'Behind every profession is a person' : Students' written memories of their own teacher-student relationships. - Teaching and Teacher Education 28, 293-301
- Uitto Minna (2011) Humiliation, unfairness and laughter: students recall power relations with teachers. - Pedagogy, Culture and Society 19 (2), 273-290
- Uitto, Minna (2011) Storied relationships : students recall their teachers. - Acta Universitatis Ouluensis. Series E, Scientiae rerum socialium 122. Oulu. Artikkeliväitöskirja. 116, . [Original]
- Uitto Minna, Estola Eila (2009) Gender and emotions in relationships: a group of teachers recalling their own teachers. - Gender and education 21 (5), 517-530
- Uitto, Minna & Syrjälä, Leena (2008) Body, caring and power in teacher-pupil relationships: encounters in former pupils' memories. - Scandinavian journal of educational research 52 (4), 355-371