MSc. (Meteorology), MA (Science Communication)
Contributing to climate change research and mitigation is my passion. MSc. in Meteorology (Univ. of Helsinki, 2010), including studies in Switzerland (Bern Uni. & ETHZ, 2008-2009), with focus on a holistic perspective (scientific, economic, societal) to climate change. MA in Science Communication (Univ. of Oulu, 2013): thesis research concerning the communication of Finland’s National Climate Panel with the bodies involved in climate politics.
Research work at the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Univ. of Helsinki (2007-2010) on atmospheric aerosols and dispersion. Since 2010, as a Leading Specialist at Pöyry Finland Oy, contributing to and leading projects related to renewable energy and the conversion of knowledge into concrete actions mitigating climate change. Since August 2018, as a doctoral student doing PhD research at the ATMOS group, in the AIPSE project funded by the Academy of Finland. Our work bridges atmospheric modelling and AI by introducing humans as learning and interacting individuals in an urban system model, in order to find out the impact of incentives on behavior and the potential to reduce emissions.
- Climate Change, Atmosphere, Air pollution, Meteorology, Artificial Intelligence, Behavioral Change
Professional and community activities
- Leading Specialist at Pöyry Finland Oy, Renewable Energy and Climate Change, 2010- (on a leave for PhD research)
- Climate University -collaboration: https://blogs.helsinki.fi/climateuniversity/
- Science in the City 2019, keynote: https://youtu.be/J7CqlTXhEJ8
- Protect Our Winters Finland -organization
- Mothers in Business -organization
- Doctoral student, ATMOS - Atmospheric Research Group
Finnish Meteorological Institute, Kuopio– 1.10.2018 to 20.10.2018