Teck Ming (Terence) Tan
D.Sc. (Econ. & Bus.Adm.)
Teck Ming Tan, (email@example.com) holds D.Sc. (Marketing) from the University of Oulu, Oulu Business School (AACSB), Finland. He is an Assistant Professor at the Oulu Business School. His research interests include brand equity, self-congruence, construal-level theory, brand betrayal, and blockchain. He is also the city representative of the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA) based in Berlin, Germany. He has been invited as a speaker at various international seminars related to the blockchain-based approach in marketing. His paper has been published in the Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Electronic Commerce Research, NA–Advances in Consumer Research, and others.
- Brand betrayal
- Brand equity
Digital Marketing (721472S; 2018-2020), Consumer Behavior (721433S), and Brand Management (721436S)
- Tan, T.M. (2019). Key Views on 172 Pages Liechtenstein Blockchain Act: Token and Trustworthy Technology Service Providers Act (TVTG). Available at https://www.oulu.fi/blogs/node/192427
- Tan, T.M. (2019). How Decentralized Identity Overcome the Dark Side of Automation in Marketing and Consumption. Available at https://www.oulu.fi/blogs/node/193214
- Tan, T.M. (2019). Why Store Value in Bitcoin? Simple Explanations from the Holders Perspective. Available at https://www.oulu.fi/blogs/node/192910
- Tan, T.M. (2019). The Law, Blockchain, and Smart Contract: From the EU Blockchain Perspective. Available at https://www.oulu.fi/blogs/node/194666
- Tan, T.M. (2020). 2019 Enterprise Blockchain: Permissioned Blockchain Current State of Adoption and Revenue Models. Available at https://www.oulu.fi/blogs/node/196285
1. Setting the Future of Digital & Social Media Marketing Research: Perspectives & Research Propositions; My Part: Blockchain-based social media, 10th August 2020, jointly hosted by Swansea University, UK and SIBM Pune, India, the webinar saw a lively set of perspectives shared by an eclectic set of speakers across USA, Canada, Europe & India led by Prof. Dr Yogesh Dwivedi. Available at: https://youtu.be/nb95aNtAf00?t=6528
• ANI NEWS: https://www.aninews.in/…/sibm-pune-and-swansea-university-…/
• Business Standard: https://www.business-standard.com/…/sibm-pune-and-swansea-u…
• Hindustan Times: https://www.hindustantimes.com/…/story-GOwpFeHhDQWPgnJC83vk…
• ZEE NEWS: https://www.zee5.com/…/sibm-pune-and-swansea-university-uk…/
• BUSINESS WORLD: http://www.businessworld.in/…/SIBM-Pune-…/11-08-2020-307499/
2. Tehoa lohkoketjuista: Powered by block chain, kick off event: Discussion and informational event for all project group; My part: Blockchain research for business, 20th August 2020, University of Oulu.
3. The 2nd Online Symposium on Sustainability; How Blockchain will Change the Business Model and Supply Chain Sustainability, 27th November 2020, Cologne International Business School & INTI International University.
4. 2020 Synergizing Partnerships in Advancing Research, Knowledge, and Service virtual conference (SPARK), Branding, Digital Marketing and Consumer Behavior during the Pandemic: Transforming Higher Education Challenges to Opportunities, 15th December 2020, Our Lady of Fatima University.
Professional and community activities
- American Marketing Association, Member ID 03340270
- Association for Consumer Research, Member ID 12669
- European Marketing Academy, Member ID 157482
- City Representative for Oulu of the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA)-Berlin, Germany
Visiting Senior Lecturer at INTI International University– 1.1.2020 to 29.2.2020
Research topic: Digitalization-sustainability convergence in business transformation
Hosted by: Dr. Alex Ng Hou Hong from the Faculty of Business, Communication and Law
Visiting fellow at Taylor's University– 1.2.2020 to 31.1.2022
Research topic: Digitalization-sustainability convergence in blockchain technology
Hosted by: Associate Professor Dr. Goh See Kwong from the School of Management & Marketing
Physical visit: 1.2.2020 - 10.3.2020
Remote visit with ongoing research collaboration: 11.3.2020 - 31.1.2022