Master's in Financial and Management Accounting
Financial and Management Accounting
Duration of studies
Next application period
Top reasons to study Financial and Management Accounting
- Close connection to working life - visiting lecturers bring real-life insight, and students get hands-on experience and diversified perspective with company projects.
- Opportunity to choose from various optional studies or add exchange studies to broaden your degree.
- Vast career opportunities in Finland as well as internationally. Great salary prospects await graduates in the area.
- Excellent learning environment, where lecturers as experts in the field and where peer-help from fellow students is available for you.
- An internationally comparable degree in Economics and Business Administration from an AACSB accredited business school that enables you to apply for work within the EU and globally.
The FMA programme is one of several international Master’s programmes offered by the Oulu Business School. Students are allowed to take courses from all these programmes. Studying at OBS is a genuinely multicultural experience, as international degree students, exchange students from all over the world, and of course Finnish students are attending the courses of the FMA programme. Students in the programme can also join an exchange programme with another business school.
"The programme has taught me to skillfully diagnose and evaluate various problems global enterprises are facing in the field." - Anila, alumna
Core skills and competence
Studying Financial Management and Accounting gives you expertise and core competence on the following topics:
- Financial analysis and firm valuation
- International financial reporting
- Corporate governance
- Auditing and assurance
- Fundamental equity investment analysis.
- Cost accounting
- Management control
- Capital expenditures
- Globally responsible business.
The FMA programme includes real-life projects, case studies and strong connections with the business community. Our courses are lectured by our own professors, guest professors from other university worldwide and high-profile business people to ensure that students will get a diversified perspective on current issues in accounting.
The FMA programme gives students the abilities and knowledge to pursue their academic careers further, if they so choose. Whether students aim at pursuing an academic career or working in the industry after finishing their studies, they will be well-prepared for both options.
Programme structure and courses
Read about eligibility and admissions procedure for this programme, detailed information available at Studyinfo.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Analyst
Welcome to Oulu Business School
Only roughly five percent of the world’s business schools have fulfilled the AACSB quality standards. The Oulu Business School (OBS) is one of the first Nordic business schools to earn this international business accreditation.