Master's in Learning, Education and Technology
Learning, Education and Technology, Master's Programme in Learning, Education and Technology
Duration of studies
Next application period
Top reasons to study Learning, Education and Technology
- Become an expert in collaborative, self-regulated and technology-enhanced learning in a multicultural learning environment.
- Programme is built on internationally recognized research in learning sciences and education technologies.
- Students come from different backgrounds and have room to explore their own interests and customize their studies accordingly.
- Studies provide strong theoretical knowledge combined with practical hands-on experience in using technology and tools for supporting learning and the learning environment, visualising learning, multimedia learning, and learning analytics.
- An Education programme taught in Finland, the world-renowned country for quality education.
Students in the Learning, Education and Technology programme will become experts in understanding how people learn, how to design productive learning situations and environments, and how to cope with change and challenges in education, such as the global COVID-19 pandemic and its effects to teaching and learning.
The LET students enter a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural study environment, as the programme has had students and graduates from all over the world. The programme is an excellent opportunity to build international networks and refine communication, interaction and collaboration skills.
“The LET programme is concerned on the latest issues of education, especially in mastering both theory and practical things about how people learn and how technology supports the learning process.” – Fasidah
The LET programme is continuously developed and refined with advancing research. Students take an active part in research and produce materials not only for the LET programme in Oulu, but also in collaboration with other universities. Our students are seen as a valuable asset in research and their expertise and agency is constantly taken into account in our programme.
Core skills and competence
In the programme students will:
- Get hands-on experience with emergent technologies in the programme
- Evaluate how and which technologies are relevant to enhance high-quality learning and teaching
- Become skilled in selecting the technological tools that best fit their learning design
- Combine theoretical knowledge with working-life experiences and therefore have strong ties to the working community.
Programme structure and courses
During the LET studies, students become competent learners and will be able to adapt to many fields and work contexts after graduating. After completing the programme, students are awarded a Master of Arts degree.
Graduates from the programme are competent to work in wide areas dealing with learning processes and implementation of technology. They can continue in research or they can take on very diverse career paths, working as experts in education, designing teaching and learning and so on, all depending on their own interests.
Examples of career paths:
- Educational Consultant
- Human Resources Developer
- Project Leader
- Learning Designer
- Online Learning Expert
- Designer of technology-enhanced learning.
Collaborative, problem-based learning
Students get to work on real-life problems in collaborative manner with researchers, teachers, institutions, and businesses. Making learning visible and managing teams and conflicts are skills acquired in this programme.