Nordic Business Forum: streaming and networking event
Come and join us for an international business summit at the Nivala Technology Centre, Nitek! We offer entrepreneurs, students and experts the opportunity to get free access to top-level international business learning. The event is an opportunity to network with those who know and are interested in international business in the region.
Nivalan teknologiakeskus Nitek, Pajatie 5, 85500 Nivala
In the event we will stream the Nordic Business Forum's presentations, and during the breaks, entrepreneurs and experts from the University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak will speak. The themes of the event are leadership, innovation and the capacity for change.
The event is aimed at entrepreneurs, local decision-makers, experts and young people interested in entrepreneurship and its international opportunities in the region. The NBF presentations will be in English and the presentations in Nivala will be in Finnish.
Coffee will be served at the event and lunch will be served on Thursday.
WEDNESDAY 27.9. at 11.50 – 19.00
11.50 - 12.00 Opening the event
12.00 - 13.45 Patrick Lencioni - Teamwork Simplified
In this session, audience members will walk away with actionable advice for leading high-performing teams and maximizing fulfillment and productivity at work.
- How to uncover and address team dysfunctions
- How to tap into team’s working genius
- How to lead high-performing teams
13.45 – 14.40 Presentations of University of Oulu, Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak (in Finnish)
13.45 - 14.10 Networking break (coffee)
14.10 - 14.25 Ari Alakangas, Nihak - The importance of internationalisation for entrepreneurs
14.25 - 14.40 Virpi Ruotsalainen, Luonnon Syli - Experiences in international market
14.40 - 15.25 Jos de Blok - How to Create a Striving Organization without Administrative Burden
Discover the key to creating a sustainable and equitable future with Jos de Blok, a leading expert on social entrepreneurship and impact investing. Jos will share his insights on how to drive social and environmental impact within your organization and across your industry, and how to create a more inclusive and equitable world.
- How to create success through empowering self-managed teams
- How to streamline administrative processes through practical strategies
- How to foster a Culture of Trust and Innovation
15.25 - 16.15 Rebecca Henderson - Reimaging Capitalism in a World on Fire
Want to stay ahead of the curve in today’s fast-paced business landscape? Join Rebecca Henderson, a renowned expert on innovation and corporate strategy, as she shares her insights on how to create a culture of innovation and adapt to change within your organization.
- How to develop a pragmatic roadmap for systemic change
- How some companies succeed in making the first steps toward reimagining capitalism
- How to create a pragmatic foundation for thriving in a world of immense challenges and extraordinary possibilities
16.15 – 17.10 Presentations of University of Oulu, Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak (in Finnish)
16.15 - 16.45 Networking break
16.45 - n. 16.55 Matti Muhos, University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute - Greetings from young Nordic startup entrepreneurs
n. 16.55 - 17.10 Lauri Jouhki, Nihak - The export potential of Amazon
17.10 - 17.40 Maryna Saprykina - Ukrainian Grit: Empowering Global Business with Extreme Resilience
Maryna shares the resilient journey of Ukrainian companies amidst the war. This inspirational story will redefine the way you approach business challenges.
17.40 - 18.10 Mo Gawdat - AI Today, Tomorrow and How You Can Save Our World
Mo Gawdat openly discusses the current rate of advancement of AI and the expected technological innovation that will follow.
- Where AI might be heading as a technology
- Ethical questions to consider as a business leader
- What is the role each of us and our businesses have to play to ensure that AI will be a driver for positive change
18.10 - 19.00 Scott Galloway - The New Abnormal - AI Burst and the New Rules of Economy
Scott Galloway will present his insights and analysis on the economy and the explosive growth of AI, unpacking current market conditions and their implications for businesses and leadership.
19.00 - 19.10 Ending the day
THURSDAY 28.9. at 9.35 – 16.00
9.35 - 9.45 Opening the day
9.45 - 10.25 Nicolai Tangen - Making Sense in a Time of Turmoil
Nicolai Tangen, CEO of Norges Bank Investment Management, will share his experience as a prominent financial leader and visionary. In this thought-provoking moderated conversation, he shares insights and perspectives on making sense of and navigating through turbulent times, both in the financial realm and beyond.
- How to navigate financial turbulence and leverage expertise to make informed decisions
- How to employ long-term thinking and resilient strategies to deliver sustainable results
- How to identify opportunities amidst economic uncertainty and provide valuable lessons on how to embrace disruption
10.35 - 11.00 Tim Ferriss - Productivity & Innovation
Unlock your full potential and revolutionize your approach to productivity and innovation as Tim Ferriss shares practical strategies and effective habits in this captivating session, ensuring you leave with actionable takeaways to level up your personal and professional life. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a renowned expert and transform the way you work and think.
- How to unleash the power of effective habits
- Why you should be embracing Selective Minimalism
- How to optimize your resources by leveraging the Pareto Principle
11.00 - 12.30 Presentations of University of Oulu, Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak (in Finnish)
11.00 - 12.00 lunch in Nitek, networking
12.00 – 12.20 Anna-Mari Simunaniemi, University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute - Responsible micro-enterprises as agents of change
12.20 - 12.30 Jenny Karvola, Kotipalvelu Jenny Oy: responsibility actions in a home service company
12.30 - 13.30 Amy Webb - 10-year Forecast
Amy Webb’s work emphasizes the importance of trend analysis and identifying trends early on, specifically tech-driven trends. Understanding these trends can help businesses adapt and evolve, positioning themselves advantageously for the future.
In her talk we’ll be looking at how to anticipate various future scenarios, and design strategic responses to them. This could involve strategies for capitalizing on opportunities as well as mitigating potential risks.
- Insights for how your organization can achieve it’s preferred future
- Thought-provoking series of snapshots into the near and far future of business and society.
- Answers to tomorrow’s most pressing questions about work, relationships, and our way of living.
13.30 - 13.50 Mikko Hyppönen - Underestimated AI
Mikko Hyppönen will share his insight on the latest development of AI and the possible future of it. The speech will also touch base on what kind of mistakes you can make as a business leader with AI as well as things you could and should utilize AI for as a business leader.
13.50 – 14.45 Presentations of University of Oulu, Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak (in Finnish)
13.50 - 14.05 Ilpo Terho, Hutcode: Automate your daily routines - save time for productive work
14.05 - 14.20 Jari Joutsenvaara, University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute / Muon Solutions Ltd.: What is the potential of cooperation between universities and research institutes also for early-stage companies?
14.20 - 14.45 Networking break (coffee)
14.45 - 15.15 Sheena Iyengar - Think Bigger: Mastering Innovation
During this session with Sheena, you will learn how to use practical tools to unlock new, efficient avenues for generating, identifying and cultivating the best ideas to creatively problem-solve and innovate.
- Understanding Decision-Making to Supercharge Innovation
- Ideas for problem solving
- Learn practical tools to generating, identifying and cultivating ideas
15.15 - 16.00 Malala Yousafzai - Creating Change
In this inspiring and thought-provoking session, Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Peace Prize laureate and global champion for female education, will engage in an intimate conversation about creating meaningful change in the world.
Drawing from her personal journey, profound bravery, and relentless advocacy for girls’ education, Malala will share her unique insights into how each one of us can be a catalyst for transformation and make a positive impact in our communities and the world at large.
- How to set clear goals and ensure success based on your research
- How to inspire others through persuasion and impactful communication
- How Malala looks to both her heritage and her future aspirations to inform the values she holds true.
The streaming and networking event is organised by the University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute and Nihak in cooperation with the EU-funded Managing Change project and Nivala Industrial Village.
Lauri Jouhki, Nihak ry
tel: +358 50 5436224
Minna Kilpeläinen, University of Oulu Kerttu Saalasti Institute
tel: +358 40 3523608