UNIC CityLabs: Exploring the connection between food and migration - Innovations and Challenges
Join us for an engaging event where we explore the connection between food and migration with experts from the UNIC alliance and introduce different citizen initiatives. The event will focus on short presentations followed by a panel discussion with all the speakers.
Target: The event is targeted at researchers, students, organizations, and citizens interested in this topic.
When: 24.05.2023, 14:30-16:30
Where: Online via Zoom. The link will be sent closer to the event day to the participants that have registered. Registration link.
- Elsa Mescoli, Associate Professor and Post-doctoral researcher, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Liege, Belgium
- Elodie Razy, Associate Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Liege, Belgium
- Mélanie Vivier, PhD student, University of Liege, Belgium
- Janja Hauschild, Le Monde des Possibles, Liege, Belgium
- Roger Norum, Associate Professor, Faculty of Humanities, University of Oulu, Finland
- Holly Conolly, Co-Founder Zestii Kitchens, Oulu, Finland
- Joffy Conolly, University Teacher and Doctoral Researcher, University of Oulu, Finland
14.30- 14.35: Welcome
14.35- 14.45: An introduction to the study of food and migration by Elsa Mescoli
14.45- 15.05: Presentation and Q&A by Roger Norum
15.05-15.25: An Insight into Migrants' and their Children's Participation in Food (Belgium, Food2Gather project) by Elodie Razy and Mélanie Vivier
15.30-15.35: Holly Conolly, Co-Founder Zestii Kitchens
15.40-15.45: Janja Hauschild, Le Monde des Possibles
15.45-16.25: Panel discussion with all speakers hosted by Joffy Conolly
16.25-16.30: Concluding words