University Business Forum 2022
Saalasti Hall, Linnanmaa Campus
UBF2022’s theme is "Power to renew", which highlights our collective opportunities for change and impact. At the 4th UBF you will get highlights from University of Oulu’s newest research-based knowledge, ideas and practices for your business.
Welcome to our main session and thematic sessions. Let’s get inspired for collaboration!
Participation to this half-day event is free of charge. The language of the event is English, though one thematic session is organized in Finnish.
Program for Thursday October 6, 2022:
08:30-09:00 Registration and coffee
09:00-10:15 Main session: Inspiration for renewal
- Welcome by Arto Maaninen, Vice-rector, cooperation
- Succeeding with change by Sari Heinonen, OP-Henkivakuutus (Life Insurance)
- Solving the needs of future humans – Nokia Bell Labs with Universities by Mikko Uusitalo, Nokia Bell Labs Finland
- EU funding powers renewal—Pekka Sivonen, Business Finland, Finnish Liaison office for EU Research & Innovation
- Highlights from the University
10:15-10:30 Coffee and moving to sessions
10:30-12:00 Thematic sessions: Moving forward together
- Session 1: Power of data and connectivity – at Saalastinsali
- Session 2: Energy and storage – at room YT116
- Session 3: Learning power – at Leaf
- Session 4: Powering health and wellbeing – at room HR144
- Session 5: Power of new materials and processes – at room HR 142
- Session 6: Kestävä kehitys ja vastuullisuus yritysten arjessa – at Agora
The deadline for registration is on September 30, 2022.
The event will take place at Linnanmaa Campus, Oulu. The main session offers a possibility to join online. As this is event is about collaboration and interaction, the thematic sessions are organized as face-to-face events.
We will follow all national recommendations related to covid-19 situation.
For more details about the event, please contact
Manager, Business Collaboration
email@example.com, 040 1508741
About our speakers:
Sari Heinonen is Chief Executive Officer at OP-Henkivakuutus. She is an alumna of University of Oulu, with a Ph.D. in Marketing. She will be talking about how an insurance and banking company continuously responds to changes in its environment, in customer needs and in technology development— with strategy, agile organization, and responsible and sustainable operations.
Mikko Uusitalo is Head of Research Department Radio Systems Research Finland at Nokia Bell Labs Finland. Dr. Uusitalo will be presenting about the world-class research of Nokia Bell Labs “solving the needs of future humans”, the quest for disruptive research and innovation, and how collaboration is central to their research model. University of Oulu is one of the Distinguished Academic Partners of Nokia Bell Labs.
Pekka Sivonen is the Head of Finnish Liaison Office for EU Research & Innovation in Brussels, promoting interaction between Business Finland and the EU's research programmes. He will be providing insights about the vast opportunities for EU financing for renewal and innovation. He will encourage companies and universities to be active with timely and relevant examples.