Tuition fees and scholarships
Liability to pay the tuition fee
The tuition fee and the scholarship remain the same during student’s studies at University of Oulu unless the student is unable to complete the minimum requirement of credits per academic year. If the student does not obtain the minimum requirement of credits per academic year, he/she is obliged to pay the whole tuition fee for the next academic year. The tuition scholarship can only be applied as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once, to one degree programme and it is not possible to transfer the scholarship to other degree programmes later.
Paying the tuition fee
The tuition fee is paid in University of Oulu’s online store.
Continuing students have a possibility to pay the tuition fee payment either at once by the end of August or in two instalments of which the first instalment is paid by the end of August and the second instalment must be paid between 1st December and 15th January.
Applying for continuation of scholarship
If the minimum requirement for credits per academic year is not completed, a student can apply for continuation of the scholarship in the following cases:
- A serious illness, hospitalisation or pregnancy during the academic year, which has hindered the progress of studies. In these cases the student must provide for the faculty: a medical certificate, the child’s birth certificate or a certificate from The Social Insurance Institution of Finland KELA.
- Student was unable to complete required studies, because they were not arranged. Matter will be verified by degree programme director.
- Student has completed the required studies, but the courses have not been evaluated in time. Student must provide statement regarding missing studies from degree programme director.
- Completion of Bachelor’s / Master’s thesis (or equivalent) is delayed because of lack of supervision or other reasons caused by faculty. A statement from degree programme director is required. If the student is offered a topic for his/her thesis by the university, but the student rejects it, there is no justification for continuation of scholarship.
- Force majeure–situation (for example COVID-19).
Continuation of scholarship is applied in the end of academic year, when information about the student´s academic success is available.