Checklist for Incoming Exchange Students
Starting your exchange period
For autumn term 2023, the recommended arrival date for new exchange students is August 30. Orientation will be organised on August 31. Please make sure that you arrive in Oulu on time so that you can attend the orientation on campus.
To find out how the coronavirus situation effects the arrangements of studies, see the latest coronavirus instructions at the University of Oulu.
1. Remember to confirm your exchange in SoleMOVE.
2. Apply for a residence permit for studies, if needed.
If you are a not citizen of an EU member state, a Nordic country, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, you need apply for a residence permit. EU citizens coming to Oulu for an exchange must register their right of residence in Finland. For more information on permit, please see Finnish Immigration Service webpages:
3. Be in contact with your Kummi student
Remember to inform your arrival date and time to your Kummi student and arrange to meet them upon your arrival.
4. Pay the student union membership fee and activate your student card.
5. Active your University of Oulu student account and O365 service.
If you did not receive the user account information before the start of your exchange, please contact our ICT services for help.