Apply to become a Student Tutor/ Kummi
As a student tutor you are should be ready to:
- be willing to learn new things and develop yourself
- be responsible student who has taken care of the studies well
- to be familiar with the general way things work at the University of Oulu
- take part in Student tutoring training (in English).
- have a good command of the English language. At least basic Finnish skills are also recommended
- be in Oulu at the time when new students arrive in early September 2022(beginning of January for Spring 2023 exchange students).
Total number of hours to be spent on tutoring is between 10 and 15 hours. Student tutors are working in hourly teaching task and they receive the regular student tutor compensation (14,10 euros per hour). Faculties are required to give student tutors a student tutoring certificate. Faculties can also give credits on student tutoring.
The application period to become a student tutor 2022/2023 starts on January 3, 2022 and ends on February 14, 2022. The link to the application form will be updated on this page in the beginning of January.
N.B.: If you are employed by the University of Oulu during the student tutoring period (for example internship) you cannot receive the regular guidance fee. There is another way to pay the fee. Please inform your programme’s student tutoring contact person of such an employment as soon as possible. More information on employment matters: firstname.lastname@example.org.